Did You Know ??

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Nicks, Aug 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That WD 40 is supposed to be good for your knees if you have arthritis ??

Saw it somewhere in a paper over the last week or so !
  2. WD40 is carcenagenic mate. (don't know if that's the right spelling).

I wouldn't put it on any part of me on purpose, let alone rub it in.
  3. Blue Bell strained through three slices of bread is also good for you :bball:

If you cant find the Beer Bosun :dwarf:
  4. Only if you have had replacement knees :salut:
  5. Now your going back Frank !!

Also many years ago we used to get "Rise and Shine " Powdered Orange Juice on Bombers,now that mixed in the right quantities with unknown alcoholic substances made a cracking "Rise and Shine Home brew wine" whilst on Patrol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumright:
  6. Why bother when you have grease nipples fitted. :thumright:

7. I heard that Ralgex or Winter green is good for Piles. Unfortunately I dont have Piles so if one of the other Rum-Rationers who has this affliction can try it out and let the rest of us know i'd be gratefull

(Note to Serving and former Regs - This is just a joke ok? don't Really try it)
  8. Putting wintergreen - (doubt whether you can still buy it) on piles - (basically solidified eucalyptus oil with other bits applied to cause the area to heat up) - would probably result in a bad case of mumps - your dukes would probably end up in your throat.
    If its any thing like tinofax - I had dhobi rash once - applied tinofax after a good hot shower - it was like warming your balls with a blowlamp.

Apart form this did you know that applying Macleans toothpaste removes a hicky in about four days
  9. I can strongly recommend against using tiger balm for dhobi rash, especially if that rash is around the nuts. It burns like hell. It even says it cures itching on the jar.
  10. It stops the itching and replaces it with 2nd degree burns
  11. Did you know - you cant touch your armpit with your elbow.
    Women ( who can touch their toes) can touch their toes whilst thier bum is a gainst a wall - but men can't.
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Did you know the word 'gullible' does not appear in the Oxford English Dictionary?
  13. Did you know of the 206 bones in the average human adult's body, 106 are in the hands and feet. (54 in the hands and 52 in the feet and The average Human bladder can hold 13 ounces of liquid
  14. Escape maps, compasses, and files were inserted into Monopoly game boards and smuggled into POW camps inside Germany during W.W.II; real money for escapees was slipped into the packs of Monopoly money.
  15. Did you know that you can't cough and fart at the same time?? 'Tis one or the other, but not together!! :whew:
  16. Did you know you can't kiss your elbow?

Did you know, most people reading this will try?
  17. Or your own arse....(unless moments before a Nuclear explosion!) :biggrin:
  18. Did you know that the song "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" was written by George Graff, who was German, and was never in Ireland in his life
  19. Maybe not cough and fart but, cough and follow through? :toilet:
  20. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb