Did we get paid on Friday 14th?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by TF110, Sep 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lots of money marked as "Pay Office Salary" has appeared in my account - wasn't expecting anything, so is it RNR money?
  2. Don't ask silly questions, draw it out and enjoy it.

If it is in error, they can't ask for it back all in one go.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

If you are aware that a debit has been made from their account, resulting in a debit into your account, and you know that you are not entitled to that credit and fail to notify anyone about it or make any attempt to return it to the rightful owner, then you may be investigated for theft.
  4. It's gobbledy gook - so you can interpret it any way you want.
  5. Guys - what I'm saying is - I'm waiting for some RNR pay - this is a little bit more than what I expected but before I go spending it, could anyone confirm if a payrun happened yesterday or if this is an error?
  6. sgtpepperband

JPAC Enquiry Centre

Joint Personnel Administration Centre enquiry centre contact details:

Open Monday - Friday
    0700 - 1900 hrs (UK time)

JPAC Enquiry Centre,
    Mail Point 465,
    Kentigern House,
    65 Brown Street,
    G2 8EX

Telephone : 0141 224 3600
    Freephone : 0800 085 3600
    Overseas : +44 141 224 3600
    Military : 94560 3600

Email: [email protected]
  7. I know i'm due about £400 in expenses and it hasnt gone in despite being input over a week ago.

So much for "it will be in your bank within three days".

Don't get me wrong, you can almost guarantee that its me that has input the bloody thing wrong but the fact that i cant get onto the unit to check JPA to see why they've turned it down is a real pain in the arse.

I'm sorry but i hate JPA. i have to do a 40 mile round trip to check why my pay/expenses hasn't gone in is a farce.
  8. We seem to get paid on either last day of month, or first day of month, depending on who you bank with! My bank shows a CREDIT with description HMG, so I know that is RNR pay. Exepenses show as a CREDIT with description JPA Orders. I'd call your bank and ASK what it is!
  9. I've been told I was going to be paid at the end of August, then sometime in September, after not having been paid since the end of May. Bloody lottery at the best of times. The pay dates also seem completely random for me as well; could be mid-month once then the end of the next month.
    :roll: :rage:

10. Mid-monthlies (I pretty sure) no longer exist since the introduction of JPA
  11. sgtpepperband

You obviously have issues with JPA but I think you are the exception to the rule; the vast majority of people I know have no problems with the system. Have you spoken with your Personnel Administrator? They may be able to identify the problem. Your claim may take longer than "three working days" because your claims may have to be assessed by your parent unit? If you are at a lodger unit, this may add to the delay.