Did i do the right thing?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Chicogiz, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some boy threated to stab my m8 in front of me and said im next so i beat him up. Did i do the right thing?
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

As long as it was a good kicking and you nicked his dinner money.

Don't go getting caught though, it wont look too clever having a criminal record when you try and join up.
  3. It was not in school he was 16 and had a knive so i was not takeing chances.
  4. I also thought he was gonna mug my m8 so i kicked the shit out of him because you cant let them walk over you or they will try it again.
  5. wet_blobby

Well someone getting a kicking for pulling a knife and trying to mug someone sounds reasonable enough to me.
  6. Make an anonymous call to crime stoppers and shop him.
  7. Who? Chico??? If only for his spelling..
  8. Sounds like a reasonable return of force to me. Just don't turn a necessary evil into a habit.
  9. Sounds like acting in self defence to me Chico.

Blobbs: is fighting at school a criminal offence now, then? :eek:mfg:
  10. Good for you mate , :thumright:
  11. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Is Chico normans son?
  12. Whilst we cannot know the exact circumstances under which Chico acted, I'd hesitate to encourage an obviously impressionable teenager into further acts of violence or bravado.

Btw, bragging about it on the internet displays a lack of discretion.
  13. I personally think attacking someone who says they have a knife IS taking a chance. A really stupid one.

This incident will have taught him to be more discrete about it in future.
    Maybe next time he wont mention he has one and will just stick it in you or someone else's gut.

I think anyone advocating this behavior, especially of a school kid, should be shot. Excuse the double standard.

A smart man knows when to walk away and doesn't care about looking the hard man in front of his mates.
  14. Which JSP were you operating under??? :)
  15. wet_blobby

What rose coloured world are you living in fluffy bunny?

Someone pulls a knife on me and I can get away with giving him a kicking I will.
  16. I'm living in the world of not needing to act the hardman hero for the sake of it.

I have been stabbed in the leg before and I learned from that situation that sometimes it is better to just walk away.

I'd fight anyone if it came to it, but I don't go looking for fights, nor do I lower myself to the level of people threatening me (or I'd be in a fight virtually every weekend at the pub).

I guess that doesn't conform to the standard "I'm a fuking big man and if anyone threatens me I'll kick his **** in" attitude, but hey I'm still here and plenty stabbing victims are not.
  17. wet_blobby

I see your point but, I don't think young Chico had an option. I'm not advocating gratuitous violence (if I can spell it) but at times people have to stand up for themselves.
  18. Im not acting hard im just not running away for my m8 to get stabed.
  19. A kicking sounds reasonable to me, what did your mate do?
    Stand and watch or get some loo roll to mop up his mess?

However, knowing and being an orange belt in jujitsu - i know he would have come off worse, though not all people are as well trained in self defence or as confident. But when all you can pull is a few bones covered with skin - i am gonna use it to defend myself/family/oppo as I see fit. I dont care who they are or how big they are!