Diamond Jubilee Medal eligibility

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by all_purple_now, Nov 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone seen the DIN relating to the above? Lots of rumour about the qualifying criteria flying about this morning, but little concrete...

Thanks,

APN

2. For the TA it's 5 years unbroken service, i.e. You've qualified for your bounty 5 times in a row, that includes this year too, so all the fat wasters who've failed their RNFT this year have shit it.

Obviously usual caveats apply for ex regulars/transferees etc.

3. Not wanting to offend, but, listening to big boys and girls enquiring, whilst stood at the bar post Remembrance, about criteria for the Diamond Lubbly Jubbly does my head in. It's like listening to my primary aged kids chatting to their classmates about the latest certificate for being first on the Star Chart.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Looking on the bright side, at least submariners can add to their LSGC, golden lubbly jubbly, kissng kippers & the bomber queen badge.

I was well dischuffed to be 'out medalled' by an ex-percy at the memorial today. Fortunately my CPOMEM lapel badges & musicians badge trumped his extra gong, I reckon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What, no marksman or bugler badge?

6. Black ops bugler. A once in a lifetime opportunity!

• Like Like x 1
  7. if you've done 5 full, unbroken years come 6th february then you'll get it. If not, you don't. Cue people bleating about everyone and veterans deserving it...............

• Like Like x 1
  11. No bleating about it whatsoever - don't want one! ... Didn't get the Silver or the Gold and seeing I've been out since '93 there's about as much chance of it landing on my doormat in a jiffy bag as me plaiting fog nothing to get worked up about. As Stan said earlier ... the only one that matters to me is the South Atlantic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Recieved my Iraq medal and felt like a fraud, same with my VRSM. The Diamond Jubilee will just serve to bling me up even more when I've done naff all to deserve it.

13. Don't be too hard on yourself - you have been in and available (and deployed where they wanted to send you when called upon to do so) - nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 2