Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Diamond Jubilee Medal Campaign

Look shipmate..if you want lots of badges and medals to inflate your self importance join the feckin sea scouts or cubs...they have arm fulls!!!

Why would we want more tat bollocks meaningless gongs? The last one was bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I very rarely agree with anything Spidiver posts but he's bob on with this one. No difference between you and any other serviceman regular or reservist but didn't meet the criteria for any given gong.

Another "Mutley medal" for doing nothing other than the job for which you are or were employed.

The silver jubilee gong was contentious as only the chosen few got one, the golden jubilee medal was contentious because it wasn't selective enough in the eyes of many. Now there's the remote prospect of adding a bit more bling for those who appear to have done more in two years national service than I ever managed in 30 years service.

Should there be a Diamond Jubilee medal ? - Yep, just for those who can legitimately claim to have been employed in the public sector continuously throughout the reign.

I very rarely agree with anything Spidiver posts but he's bob on with this one. No difference between you and any other serviceman regular or reservist but didn't meet the criteria for any given gong.

I disagree. I'm dissapointed that I didn't get to go to Bosnia, but I was serving at the time, therefore can I start a petition so I can buy one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have look at this website and if you agree sign the petition and forward the address to all your contacts, military and civilian.
www.medalcampaign.com

Lamp Tramp,

Date Check. Today = 19 June 2011.

Petition Form 'Required By' Date = Thursday 1st September 2010

I shouldn't need to add much more but, purely for the record, I will:

Observations on the Website.

1. The downloadable Petition Form state:

<< Please return completed petitions by Thursday 1st September 2010 (sic) to John Tivnam, 46 Peacock Avenue, Torpoint, Cornwall PL11 2EZ.>>**

2. The background colour is a distinctive shade of green and this photograph (Official or Paparazzi?) appears directly beneath the heading:

picture.jpg

That photograph depicts a squad of Royal Marines marching rapidly (as they do) but away from the camera: Is this a subliminal message?

Were/are the Royal Marines happy out being represented thus in such a petition?

4. For that Postcode** Google returned:

TORPOINT COMMUNITY EVENTS LTD
46 PEACOCK AVENUE
TORPOINT
CORNWALL
PL11 2EZ

Companies House Number: 05978596 Incorporation Date: 25 Oct 2006

People connected with the Company ANDREW BROWNHILL
Particulars Changed as director on 13 Nov 2009

JOHN TIVNAN Particulars Changed as director on 13 Nov 2009

STEPHEN BATTERS Particulars Changed as director on 13 Nov 2009

Whatever 'activities' this Company engages in may be worthy of research by others with more free time.

Lamp Tramp, as the published sell by date has apparently long since passed it would be tiresome to comment further but as you are pushing this Petition perhaps you would be good enough to cut along to John Tivnam, give him my compliments and draw his careful attention to this reply and the other comments on this thread.

That is all (for now).

Bob

It doesn't say ex forces will receive one. Mr Hunt has a skewed view of what constitutes public service...

Tossers send me a letter every year to confirm my details as I'm still on reserve time, does that mean I'll get some tat by post ?

edited to add Rummers posted as I was typing. Is that the real Chico or one of his pseudonyms.

Latest Threads