"Devon Public Urged To Board Navy Leviathan HMS Bulwark – Tickets Available Now!"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Jul 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What became of HMS Leviathan, the unfinished carrier which was berthed up the trot in Pompey for decades. Had a twisted keel and was never entered service?

2. According to Wiki
    The fourth Leviathan was a Majestic-classaircraft carrier. She was launched in 1943 but never completed and scrapped in 1968.

3. I remember that one as well, it sat there like the ghost of Christmas past. I always thought it looked a depressing site, a new ship that had never been past the breakwater.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

As an aside I saw HMAS Sydney during her Vietnam period. They had built a ramp in Sydney Navy Base and used that to drive straight up onto the flight deck with lorries loaded with supplies for Vietnam

5. I always get Lev' and Centaur mixed up, some gash buzz about Centaur never going to sea and used as an accom' ship.

6. You're forgiven Stokes, after all most of your breed had the same problem with sex recognition.:laughing2:
    Gimme my smally boy back you thieving bastard.:-D

7. Is that why you've swapped fish for meatballs on the other thread ?

8. You mis quoting spanner ******, I said meat was back on the menu "BOY'S".
    I'm a tough internet hard man.
    The War Office said, so there.

9. Hermer and ten bleeding characters (wot's that all about?)

10. This smally boy ?.

.[​IMG]

11. Aye .................

12. that's cheating

13. Can you feel the love?...I mean can you really feel it.
    I coming down next week ..hide or I'll set the war office on ya. See.

14. We'll meet up in a pub and I'll bring mine. By the time the two of them have finished blackcatting each other on how useless we are we should be well bladdered.

15. Out with women?
    That'll have to be after dark then in case anyone pings us.
    I'll lie when cornered, and say their both with you.

16. If it's after dark how will I see you, do you smile a lot?

17. I've got **** all to smile about, no ****** likes me. Even God gave me two black eyes.