Developed Vetting, which Browser to use??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by RedBull, Jun 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I have just received the email from DBS regarding the Developed Vetting Security Clearance, I have registered and set up my account, but it wont load the relevant sections for me to fill in. I have read that some internet browsers just dont seem to work, what Browser did people use?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Use IE.

Go to (link) redirect to https home page, hit the Alt key, you'll then see your toolbar. Go to Tools/Compatability View Settings, add, then close.

Check you are on the latest version of Adobe.

Send me a cheque/PayPal money order for fixing your computer. ;P
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You my friend... are a genius! :happy8: Much appreciated
    • Like Like x 1
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Genius is pushing it...

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

6. He's not a mere genius.
    He's a Chief Stoker.
  7. Either Ninja is a genius or the person who wrote the DVA website is not that good at compatibility.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Whoever awarded the contract to the crap DBS software provider needs a slap then dismissing. It is a complete shambles. DBS/NSV displayed the wrong customer service complaints email address for 18 months. The software is not compatable with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Android & the helpline number takes an average of twenty minutes to be answered.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hmm, another recruiting/retention own-goal - and the SoS wonders why we are struggling?

Thought for the day - if all the MOD IT contractors formed a football team could England beat them?
  10. I also struggled to fill in the on line form. Eventually did it after several fixes. Right old carry on. I think I might have finished off the laso couple of steps once I'd actually got in to work and was sat comfortably at my MOD/Babcock-whoever-it-belongs-to computer.
  11. Interestingly when I did my New Zealand online vetting form it worked fine at home on firefox. It even worked flawlessly on IE6 on DII when my boss got the link to do his referee bit. How do we manage to get it so wrong? If an online business had rubbish online forms that didn't work they would go under.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

The reason it works with Dii and IE6 is because the thing was designed to run on IE6 & Adobe 9.

In the real world, Dii is now (largely) on IE8 and, erm Windows XP (the one that no longer has Microsoft support - since April) and most home PC's that run on IE are now up to v 11.
  13. I have to agree the DBS website is beyond shit. I cannot believe in this day and age a website of such importance to the application process is not cross browser compatible. I only have access to a Mac and an iPad, none of which are compatible. I've borrowed an old Windows PC but still no luck. I'm going to have to get down to the local library or something.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

"Beyond Shit" is a fair appraisal.

Unfortunately, due to this wizard wheeze of online SC applications and subsequent manpower reductions, there's no bugger left to answer the phone at DBS if you have a browser compatibility query. If you wish to give them a call, make yourself a flask of tea and grab a couple of books to while-away the time.

It took them 18 months to correct the "helpdesk" email address which probably explained why there were no complaints. If you do email them - don't expect a reply for between two to four weeks - the poor buggers who are left are snowers.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Just to add, make that two years - the email address on the help page still hasn't been corrected internally.

I'll post the correct one tomorrow to save your phone bill.
  16. Thanks Ninja.
  17. Ninja_Stoker