Detention

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Detention as a punishment then? Perhaps if you'd made it clear in your first post you might have got a sensible answer.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Detention in WW2 in Jerusalem. Does anybody know anything about this? Where, etc? Thank you.

I think the British Military Prison in what was then Palestine (from 1939 to 1948) was known as BMP Acre. I remember reading an article a long time ago that a British soldier who later achieved fame & riches (was it Spike Milligan??) had been sentenced to detention in Acre for a seemingly trivial breach of discipline. Beer was involved, if I remember correctly.

Acre being an English word, the name was probably changed after the British withdrawal.

I think the British Military Prison in what was then Palestine (from 1939 to 1948) was known as BMP Acre. I remember reading an article a long time ago that a British soldier who later achieved fame & riches (was it Spike Milligan??) had been sentenced to detention in Acre for a seemingly trivial breach of discipline. Beer was involved, if I remember correctly.

Acre being an English word, the name was probably changed after the British withdrawal.
Acre is still there in northern Israel. A crusader fortress town. Pronounced Akko locally. North of Haifa and South of Naheriya.