Desperate to rejoin RFA

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Smithy5241, Jan 20, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, i left the RFA around the end of sept 2012, for certain reasons... anyway probably the worst decision i have made, im desperate to get back in the fleet where i should be, can anyone give me anyone to contact or help how to go about this, other than the main recrutment number.

Cheers guys

2. Also i left as a MM1 having done all the courses other than the air233 course think its called

3. I think you would have to phone recruiting office. They advertise for qualified and unqualified ratings on the website.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No ratings being recruited according to website. You'll have to ring recruitment to see if they can give you a possible date for the next qualified MM's recruitment drive.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

5. Haven't you got flats to clean?

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. exJenny

Got a carpet I could vacuum I suppose.

7. Today's modern navy! :(

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The RFA are actually doubling their recruiting figures this year in most branches - give them a call.

9. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I have it on very good authority, if they want you back, they'll reach out to you. Assuming you made it onto the trained strength before chucking it, why not phone your appointer?

10. Thanks for the input guys, yeah i have got in touch with my old appointer so hopefully this has got the ball rolling!! I did speak to recruitment but they dont seem to deal with reinstatments, from what they said they only deal with new recruits!

11. Keep us posted. I'd like to hear how you get on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

12. Yeah will do mate!

13. Oh and good luck! I hope to sail with you soon.

14. Camper than a field full of scouts.

15. K
    That's butcher than I've ever been!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seadog

The RFA are losing certificated (ME and X ), experienced officers, including SEs faster than a Stalinist purge of officers. Tragic. They are currently reaching out to the recently departed but those who can't wait for a call, contacting your appointer would be the way to go.

17. Well i have spoken to my old appointer and its not looking good, i dont think they are taking on qualified motorman so said i may have to go back to sultan and do all the mm2 training again, even tho i have all the tickets, i really don't understand? Is the anyone on here to do with recruitment who can help me?

18. Seadog

If there is no requirement for qualified motormen, there is no requirement.

It wouldn't be fair to take you as a 'new' recruit for a second shot and deprive someone else of their first shot. If they did, I think it unlikely that you'd go through training again. I'm just thinking aloud, not quoting policy.

19. Yeah i appreciate that! Im just really hoping that they will start to recruit qualified MM again at some point even if it takes a year or 2... Which im hoping will be much before that.

20. exJenny

You've just missed the MM1 recruitment drive. Just keep checking website if CNR won't tell you when it'll re-open.