Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate attempt to penny pinch..or wholly justified!!!

slim

War Hero
Most people I see in this neck of the woods use their 4x4 to drive the two miles to the gym. If they used a bike to get there and back they probably wouldn't need the gym. I wonder how any get out of the 4x4 enter the gym have a coffee and a chat then leave?

froggit

Lantern Swinger
Bog off UA, My talents are in what I know and my ability to teach thico's.
And if the cap fits wear it.

I lost 4 lbs (not £) over december.

WarMonger

War Hero
This little thread has confirmed to me one thing and one thing alone..

Not the value of the fitness test..
Yes deducting bounty for important issues is perfectly acceptable
That generally everyone considers it to be a good idea and a good step forward...

but the fact that CMR find the process of providing the smallest amount of information and guidance on the simplest of issues in any comprehensible and understandable fashion to the RNR in a consistent manner as some sort of test devised by the Krypton Factor....

Sort it out fellas for god sake..

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
I heard a viscous rumour that everyone must attend at least one recruitment event per year otherwise bounty reduction!!!

Just another one of our little ideas being bounced around.

beer_bosun

Lantern Swinger
trehorn2 said:
I heard a viscous rumour that everyone must attend at least one recruitment event per year otherwise bounty reduction!!!

Just another one of our little ideas being bounced around.

Where did this gem come from? You need enthusiastic volunteers for recruitment events, not press ganged conscripts.

Jim30

Lantern Swinger
I can see the line now "Join the RNR and spend your free time being forced to do things like this" - is it any wonder we have a retention crisis when idiotic ideas like this are pushed around?

itsamuppet

Lantern Swinger
We had a clear lower deck last week and had it confirmed by the CO that it would effect this years bounty.

Can someone in the upper echelons at least try and get the party line correct. If we can't even get simple policy right across such a small organaisation, then why should the RN think we are proffesional.

What sort of communication are these things distributed by, Chinese Whispers?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New UK aid support for Venezuelans in desperate need MoD News 0
C Please help. New recruit advice desperate parent! Nearest & Dearest 2
S Desperate to rejoin RFA RFA 34
D Desperate to join FAA The Fleet Air Arm 25
chockhead819 I'm in desperate need of..... Diamond Lil's 9
A Desperate times in the US Forces... will we be next? Diamond Lil's 21
Shakey Desperate enough to cheat CDT? Diamond Lil's 7
M Reapplying after unsuccessful attempt RFA 6
MoD_RSS News story: Wildlife criminal jailed for rare bird eggs importation attempt MoD News 0
S RT 2nd attempt Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
OMM Failed assasination attempt on Bulgarian MP Current Affairs 9
soleil Herald: "Commando In 400 Tonne Powerlifting Attempt" The Corps 0
P Getting ready for SIFT (mock attempt) constructive criticism welcome and appreciated Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
Scouse_Castaway Aid Worker Rescue Attempt Fails Current Affairs 28
Ja5on Government's new attempt at cutting costs in Afganistan Diamond Lil's 4
soleil "Hero Dave given medal for sea rescue attempt" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil "Royal Marines to attempt half marathon world record" The Corps 0
B 24 hour indoor rowing world record attempt for H4H 23 Oct Charity 0
Gundulph Attempt to find out how the Italian Naval Ship - Sirena Sunk History 6
T Chavs attempt aerocide by opening door mid-flight Diamond Lil's 22
S Fitness attempt #2 The Corps 106
D Skimmer does pop idol attempt Diamond Lil's 21
M My attempt to leave the mob! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 23
MoD_RSS Letter from Penny Ciniewicz to the Loan Charge All Party Parliamentary Group MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Penny Mordaunt attends NATO's 2019 Defence Ministerial MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women & Equalities Penny Mordaunt – Launch of the Women’s Empowerment Roadmap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt statement on fighting in Libya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Penny Mordaunt welcomes China move on international development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Minister for Women and Equalities Penny Mordaunt: Stonewall Workplace Conference London 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt to pledge extra Cyclone Idai funding, as she issues stark climate warning MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt on improving sexual health rights globally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt speech to the Bond Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt doubles support for plastic recycling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt doubles support for plastic recycling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Penny Mordaunt: International Women's Day Speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt launches new funds to tackle period poverty globally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt: the Rohingya crisis must not be forgotten MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt launches Companies to Inspire Africa 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt’s new mission for Government Equalities Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt: “I see a chamber filled with powerful and strong women." MoD News 0
F Penny pinching scotsman gives to charity. Diamond Lil's 0
soleil Mail: "Tory MP Penny Mordaunt Signs Up To Take Part In TV Diving Show Splash" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
soleil Independent: "Revealed - How Ministry Of Defence Penny-Pinching Led To Disaster" Bases / Shore Est 22
janner The last penny Miscellaneous 0
Tribalclass The penny drops Current Affairs 18
soleil RN Careers Website: Live Chat 23/09: Penny Clark MEO Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S worth every penny The Gash Barge 31
H Penny for the Guy Current Affairs 15