Deserting Old and Bold--Why?

Hah! One of my ships still exists, and no, it isn't Victory! It is good old Bristol!

And Swiftsure and Superb are still 'afloat' as are your's Billy!
My mistake. Yes - they're still floating (stand fast my P&O's) You'll soon be able to take a 3D tour of HMS COURAGEOUS...well the front bit that is. Apparently a hi-tech "virtual tour" is being put together and should
soon be available on the Devonport Heritage website.

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/school...irtual-reality-accessible-submarine-tour.aspx

I'll be in my bunk aft, midships, middle pit if you want me.

Rum Ration appears to have lost its way
Why?

For me:- HMS Raleighs' pathos and its Nanny (The paid recruiter Ninja) advising on their acne and ironing problems. God Help Us.

The likes of the MLP belittling Slim for his memory of and liking for Hammy Cheesy Eggy Topsides. MLP clearly had no idea what he was doing in the RN and used vile language to embarrass those that had known.

MOD Propaganda. Seldom read and, for the most part, treated with contempt the MOD-RSS. At what expense are these pieces that insult the intelligence, produced?

Adverts. Rum Ration needs money for it to run. Adverts mean money. How quickly, however. we find ways to avoid them.

It's sad that the old and bold feel the site is unworthy of them and leave. Does such sites have a future?
Were and Are the Mods to blame?
Should they be changed on a regular basis/ feet under the table syndrome. Do they offer themselves for the right considerations?

Should Moderators like babies Nappies be changed often--And for the same reasons?

My mistake. Yes - they're still floating (stand fast my P&O's) You'll soon be able to take a 3D tour of HMS COURAGEOUS...well the front bit that is. Apparently a hi-tech "virtual tour" is being put together and should
soon be available on the Devonport Heritage website.

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/school...irtual-reality-accessible-submarine-tour.aspx

I'll be in my bunk aft, midships, middle pit if you want me.
The Heritage Centre has put a good "mini" video online for HMS Courageous, BNM. There are a handful of photos, too. Loving the fabric in the SR Mess - almost William Morris.

https://devonportnhc.wordpress.com/warshiptours/

Oh Billy-boy, I didn't know you felt that way........
Hmmmmmm.....no - I don't feel that way but I was thinking that if the day came when the entire population
of this planet was raving nosh and every job going was female only...then there would be f*ck all to drip about
and we would all live happily ever after.

The Heritage Centre has put a good "mini" video online for HMS Courageous, BNM. There are a handful of photos, too. Loving the fabric in the SR Mess - almost William Morris.

They still use the same fabric today, covers made up by the same company. Showing a clickety click film was more sociable than video or DVD. Shouts of "focus" etc, plus the hunt for the anamorphic lens, only to find the reel had been re-wound the wrong way :)

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger

They still use the same fabric today, covers made up by the same company. Showing a clickety click film was more sociable than video or DVD. Shouts of "focus" etc, plus the hunt for the anamorphic lens, only to find the reel had been re-wound the wrong way :)
Remember watching “Jaws” while under way and having to shine a torch through the film to make the sound track work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t it Lang and Potter did all the 60’s acid trip furniture covers? Film showing was a lucrative business can’t remember how much but there was a payment.

Wasn’t it Lang and Potter did all the 60’s acid trip furniture covers? Film showing was a lucrative business can’t remember how much but there was a payment.
It is still Lang and Potter, they do the carpets shore side as well. I used to show movies on the boat although I never did the course or got paid for it. Tinnies during reel changes was good enough for me.

It is still Lang and Potter, they do the carpets shore side as well. I used to show movies on the boat although I never did the course or got paid for it. Tinnies during reel changes was good enough for me.
Sent to the grad to do clickity click course, supposed to the payment don't remember getting any, same as SRE operators? Tinnies worked for me, pints in SR & WR

Pay for showing movies:eek: I was ripped off. I must have showed dozens after I'd done the 10 minute course on how to thread the film around all the sprockets and was never offered a penny. Is it too late to claim back pay?

Jeez, this is all getting too much for me. Being retired here in the Colonies, any time is tot time, as is the case now. I'm a man, an ex stoker, I can change if I must, I suppose. Second thoughts, I'm with BNM, why the feck should I.
You can shove this PC world in which we now exist....Everyone, have a nice P C free day! :)
Still MIA I see.....sounds like a plan.....Now, everyone, get back to your knitting...:)

Jeez, this is all getting too much for me. Being retired here in the Colonies, any time is tot time, as is the case now. I'm a man, an ex stoker, I can change if I must, I suppose. Second thoughts, I'm with BNM, why the feck should I.
You can shove this PC world in which we now exist....Everyone, have a nice P C free day! :)
Still MIA I see.....sounds like a plan.....Now, everyone, get back to your knitting...:)
I totally believe in PC, mine has a keyboard, dam fine invention, not sure it will catch on?

Were and Are the Mods to blame?
Should they be changed on a regular basis/ feet under the table syndrome. Do they offer themselves for the right considerations?

Should Moderators like babies Nappies be changed often--And for the same reasons?
Why not? I'm sure you'd be very good at it, bringing humility and altruism in spades.

To be completely honest, being a moderator nowadays is far less hectic, probably because we've all got used to social media over the years. Even Arrse seems relatively more civilised.

Users and moderators tend not to flash or bite as frequently probably because we've heard it all before. Equally the more psychotic extreme fundamentalist moderators (viro bono on arrse for example) and users seem to be taking their meds more regularly.

Anyway, I've given it a month to see if recruiting topics abated and gave the motorbility-scooter contributors room to manoeuvre, encouraging more lively, jolly-jack banter (within acceptable Diversity & Inclusion guidelines. Natch).

Nothing. @panelpin hasn't even logged-in since 28th March. Tsk.

I used to get really annoyed with some of the MODs on RR. However over the years the ones that were really annoying seem to have either left or become far more moderate in their approach to the position.
I now have no problems with any of the MODs on RR andbelieve that the Moderation of the site is in good hands!

Why not? I'm sure you'd be very good at it, bringing humility and altruism in spades.

To be completely honest, being a moderator nowadays is far less hectic, probably because we've all got used to social media over the years. Even Arrse seems relatively more civilised.

Users and moderators tend not to flash or bite as frequently probably because we've heard it all before. Equally the more psychotic extreme fundamentalist moderators (viro bono on arrse for example) and users seem to be taking their meds more regularly.

Anyway, I've given it a month to see if recruiting topics abated and gave the motorbility-scooter contributors room to manoeuvre, encouraging more lively, jolly-jack banter (within acceptable Diversity & Inclusion guidelines. Natch).

Nothing. @panelpin hasn't even logged-in since 28th March. Tsk.
Welcome!.
You will, hopefully, introduce provocative comment and opinion to what has become an anodyne chat room.
Anything critical of anything, is pooh-poohed by a coterie of submariners and Moderators
Be polite and legal in ones entries--- but, please,-- be incisive.
The MOD has more than sufficient Media People to put forward their points of view.
Let's hear it for the rest of us. Soleil will always be there to put forward their side of the argument.

Welcome!.
You will, hopefully, introduce provocative comment and opinion to what has become an anodyne chat room.
Anything critical of anything, is pooh-poohed by a coterie of submariners and Moderators
Be polite and legal in ones entries--- but, please,-- be incisive.
The MOD has more than sufficient Media People to put forward their points of view.
Let's hear it for the rest of us. Soleil will always be there to put forward their side of the argument.
Still talking through your japs eye I see.

Chillin' out on a Saturday afternoon. Stubbies on the table (plus bottle opener). Handed in my
"resignation letter" last night-shift, which will be actioned on Monday probably. Gave them a
final bye-bye date of the 23rd May 2018.

I could get used to this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey Miscellaneous 0
P Miscellaneous 0
P Miscellaneous 0