Desert Island, Book and Luxury

chieftiff

War Hero
PINCH said:
chieftiff said:
ONE BOOK! I read at least one a week. It would have to be the complete version of The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, luxury would be another book, probably Imagining Numbers (especially the square root of minus fifteen) by Barry Mazur.

I would sneak some seeds between the pages of the books and start a garden, or is that cheating?

Caught cheating. No seeds :thumright:

Doh!

slim

War Hero
chieftiff said:
PINCH said:
chieftiff said:
ONE BOOK! I read at least one a week. It would have to be the complete version of The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams, luxury would be another book, probably Imagining Numbers (especially the square root of minus fifteen) by Barry Mazur.

I would sneak some seeds between the pages of the books and start a garden, or is that cheating?

Doh!

Swallow them before you go, then they will be ready for planting in their own fertilizer :thumright:

Book would be "Coasting" by Jonathon Raban as I never tire of reading it, I might even be inspired to build a boat and learn to sail it.

Luxury, quite practically, would be a good knife.

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
Dangerous:

"There was a young lady from leeds

Who swallowed a packet of seeds

In under an hour, Her head was a flower

And her pubes were a bundle of weeds"

It's true I tell ya, saw it in black and white! :eek:mg:

chieftiff

War Hero
slim said:
chieftiff said:
PINCH said:
chieftiff said:

Doh!

Swallow them before you go, then they will be ready for planting in their own fertilizer :thumright:
:w00t:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Book "Kuma Satra"

Luxury "Band of the Dagenham Girl Pipers." (I suppose they still exist?)

Hopefully there would be someone interested in each position!