Derren Brown - Control The Nation, who is going to do it?

Re: Derren Brown - Control The Nation, who is going to do it

Ah, I'm not the only one who finds this fascinating stuff then.

All a matter of maths (and a shedload of clever words I assume) I do believe.

TheLastStoker

Lantern Swinger

Guzzler said:
Stuck then stokes? :lol:
Not as bad as the ones in the studio, but it took alot of effort to move my arms! Thought I'd be walking round like a bad Vic Reeves impersonator! lol :lol:

TheLastStoker said:
Guzzler said:
Stuck then stokes? :lol:
Not as bad as the ones in the studio, but it took alot of effort to move my arms! Thought I'd be walking round like a bad Vic Reeves impersonator! lol :lol:
No change there then. It used to take the stokers mess ages to move on any of the ships I served on. Suppose it was an inbuilt 10minute delay :D

It's a psychological effect, D Brown's team set the willing audience in the studio, tests, they determine the type of pyschi they need and gather them together.

Now, combine this with Brown's very big knowledge of what he does and an audience who are all in the same 'kettle of fish' i.e. easy to sway and manipulate. Brown has a captive audience who he can 'control', in some sense.

It's pure science, he knows how to flip a switch in certain people's minds. Along with his many years of training in what he does, very clever man, also, he is a figure head for people who are into this line of 'work'. The mere suggestion of his name can make an avid follower do something, without a single thought.

Jenny_Dabber said:
Guzzler said:
What J_D said.

Clever stuff though.
It is, the mind never ceases to amaze me! Pure science, very interesting
Yeah, but he's never managed to "convert" people over to the gay cause.....lol. We can't be that easily swayed as humans after all. :twisted:

type42stoker said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Guzzler said:
What J_D said.

Clever stuff though.
Yeah, but he's never managed to "convert" people over to the gay cause.....lol. We can't be that easily swayed as humans after all. :twisted:
No dig, but what do you mean?

[quote="type42stoker"

Yeah, but he's never managed to "convert" people over to the gay cause.....lol. We can't be that easily swayed as humans after all. :twisted:[/quote]

Why have you got a recruitment drive on at the moment? 8O :roll: :D :wink:

Rumrat said:
[quote="type42stoker"

Why have you got a recruitment drive on at the moment? 8O :roll: :D :wink:[/quote]

LOL, well like the military we could always do with some good men and women to swell our ranks...... :lol:

type42stoker said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Guzzler said:
What J_D said.

Clever stuff though.

Oh I dunno, you not seen a ships run ashore in Singapore, yet?

type42stoker said:
Rumrat said:
[quote="type42stoker"

LOL, well like the military we could always do with some good men and women to swell our ranks...... :lol:[/quote]

WHY IS IT A CAUSE?

Sorry, my extreme liberal tree-hugging gets erm...stretched at times.

Just do whatever you do and shut up about it.

With one notable (and tedious) exception us 'normals' don't witter on about where we put it.

Guzzler said:
type42stoker said:
Rumrat said:
[quote="type42stoker"

LOL, well like the military we could always do with some good men and women to swell our ranks...... :lol:
WHY IS IT A CAUSE?

Sorry, my extreme liberal tree-hugging gets erm...stretched at times.

Just do whatever you do and shut up about it.

With one notable (and tedious) exception us 'normals' don't witter on about where we put it.[/quote]

Erm...don't you know the difference between a joke and someone being serious. Whatever happened to banter? And I don't think I actually mentioned where I put anything....... :lol: Freud would no doubt have a field day interpreting your comment. :tongue: