Depression and medicals

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ah, methinks the thread title maybe misleading as it refers to those with depression undergoing a medical rather than people feeling a bit pooh, undergoing a medical.

That said, good luck & cheer up.

Sumo

War Hero
Hello :) no I was never diagnosed with depression, however I was rather down a while ago due to a number of things. The reason I had to wait 7 months is because I need to lose weight from last Christmas, the festive season took its toll haha, I'm at a suitable weight now though :D

Watch out for Christmas it's coming to get you again, that's could be depressing in its own right, humbugs

And the moral of the story is: if youre feeling depressed, don't go to your GP because its just gonna bite you in the arse later on in life. Pickle your liver and bore your mates to death instead of asking your GP for help....

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
And the moral of the story is: if youre feeling depressed, don't go to your GP because its just gonna bite you in the arse later on in life. Pickle your liver and bore your mates to death instead of asking your GP for help....
I think the problem is differentiating between life's natural ups and downs and clinical depression. We all suffer from mental health issues at some point in our lives unfortunately. It is far from unique. If it is severe enough to warrant medication and counselling, then it can indeed later effect employment in jobs that could make it far, far worse. Trouble is, some people feel low and think that a trip to the GP will cure it with the aid of a magic pill and someone paid to listen and pass on non-judgemental common sense lifestyle advice. Like most, having been there, the individual learns to cope - usually and ultimately themselves.

For many it carries a stigma, it's not always physically apparent but once the label is professionally attached, it doesn't come off. Maybe it should, but at present it doesn't.