Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by diverchris, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, im struggling to find out what the average deployment times at sea are. Can anyone help?
    I expect it to be at least 4-6 months or can this be longer?
    Finally whilst not deployed how easy is it to be granted leave? Or is leave forced at certain times of the year.

Any help would be great recieved

Cheers :)
  2. Deployment lengths varies. It depends on teh type of vessel you are on and other factors. Some can just a few months some could be up 6,7,8 months depending on what deployment it's on.

Being granted leave again comes down to various factors, where you are in the world, what branch your in, what manning level there is, the reason you want leave (if it's not a weekend not duty or annual leave).
  3. I before e except after c - numbskull.
  4. If employment is setting you on, then is deployment getting rid of you - with a fcking posting like this one I seriously hope so..... :
  5. They can vary, it's not written on stone and depends what type of ship and where exactly the deployment is.

As for leave, you'll just have to request it with your DO and see if you are granted it.
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

There are various different ideas around at the moment that will shorten the time the individual spends away, as the poor little darlings don't like being away from mummy and daddy too long. Sea swap is one (whole crew swap with another ships company) and a couple of variations on fifth/third watch manning.
  7. would a ET(ME) get much leave then ?
  8. Leave for ET(ME) is generally restricted to no more than five days at a time. Any longer and it seems that they forget what they have learned and have to be retrained. :p
  9. damn