Deployment

NavyNovice25

Midshipman
I spoke to a representative that told me you can apply for back-to-back deployments and due to my personal circumstances and aspirations I would like to exploit this opportunity. Does anyone have knowledge of this and what qualfies you for this?.

Would it accelerate promotion?.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

crash_evans

War Hero
I spoke to a representative that told me you can apply for back-to-back deployments and due to my personal circumstances and aspirations I would like to exploit this opportunity. Does anyone have knowledge of this and what qualfies you for this?.

Cheers

It is highly unlikely at present you will volunteer or be volentold to complete ‘back to back’ deployments. There maybe occasions when the Ships programme may necessitate this, this is usually rare unless in times of war.

In the Naval Service we have a Separated Service total, this is where for every one day away from your base port/or duty you accumulate a day Sep Service. For every 660 days in a 3 year rolling period you are offered (told) to be landed. If you do decide to stay you will have to sign a waiver, this means you will breach a category ‘A’ Personal functional Standard (a sort of contract on terms and conditions of service. This will be reported up the chain to the grown ups.

The other method for not completing back to back trips is the 9 month rule. If you deploy for 9 months, you cannot then be assigned to another unit and complete, say a 6 month tour. You will be exempt from deploying for a set period of time.

It won’t automatically effect your promotion doing more sea time, other than it will give you more experience and higher sea pay rates.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waspie

War Hero

Cheers

Accelerate promotion?

Just be good at what you do, keep your nose clean - (Don't get caught) and be a team player. Volunteering for deployments won't necessarily get you promotion never mind accelerated promotion.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Accelerate promotion?

Just be good at what you do, keep your nose clean - (Don't get caught) and be a team player. Volunteering for deployments won't necessarily get you promotion never mind accelerated promotion.
Also, after nine months in the gulf yo may think otherwise.

Especially if you do back to back BOST's/TAP's/FRE/NAV training etc etc.

Trust me on this one.

NavyNovice25

Midshipman
What are the particular circumstances which apply in your case, NN25?
I have no marital commitments and/or dependencies so I can deploy anywhere, whenever. My thought process was the more I'm away the more experience accumulated and thus greater chance of promotion.

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Depends on how good you are at your job and how often you are caught bending the rules.
Promotion isn't automatic by time served at sea. A lot of other things are taken into consideration as well.