Dependents Short-changed.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Sep 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Granted that there are petitions and petitions ad nauseam, but this one deserves a few moments:

Petition of Soldiers Pensions

<<Early Day Motion [EDM 1053] of 10.03.2010

Rank and Pension of Soldiers Killed on Active Service

‘That this House, convinced that the courage and devotion to duty of members of the British Armed Forces who are killed while on active service for their country should be recognised and rewarded in every possible way, particularly by the pensions and help given to the families they leave behind , recommends that the Ministry of Defence’s rule providing that pensions on promotion are payable only after the role for the new rank has been held for a year should be revoked for those killed in the service of their country so that their families are paid the rate appropriate to the rank held at the time of death; and considers that the family of Sergeant Matthew Telford of Grimsby, promoted to the rank in June 2009 but killed by an assassin in Afghanistan in November of that year, along with Guardsman Jimmy Major of Cleethorpes and three other soldiers, should be paid the full pension appropriate to the rank he was proud to honour at the time of his death’.

We, the undersigned, support the above motion and urge the Government to act on it as a matter of urgency.>>

To date nearly Fifteen Thousand have signed.

It only takes a few moments so over to Rum Rationers all......

PS This was brought to my attention by an ex-RN oppo's round-robin e-mail. I signed straight away and have just re- checked the site to note that fifteen more signatures have been clocked up since I started preparing this thread!!

so - Passing the word DOES work.
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

3. Done as well plus Mrs YYD is about to as well
  4. Done. and passing on to on coming watch.
  5. My onboard security (ZoneAlarm Checkpoint) is flagging up your linky webpage as suspicious?
  6. Done
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Sorted Bob. Its always amazed me that your good enough to hold the position, but as for collecting your pension, you have to spend a plucked period of time.
  8. Norton says:

Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.

Soooo be bold, finkers:

'tis not like a toilet seat where you might cach something :wink:

Oh - (as you are Jockinese) there is no cost for signing either :twisted:
  9. Quite agree - I spent four of my thirty-three in 'Acting' rates/rank (and doing the full business whilst only 'Acting') and it always puzzled me 'whyfor?'

(Perhaps I should have been an Actor - after all 'All the worlds a stage' - but I could never mince or cackle the Polari anywhere nearly as good as Julian and Sandy......)