Dental

Dental related question,

So i started my Basic Training this Sunday,
Have had a failed root canal which damaged my tooth, even though the tooth was technically fine and had no problems i believe it meant i wasn't classed and dental fit, so yesterday i've had it removed and a bridge applied.
Which in my opinion is much weaker to the previous tooth that had a root, however now i believe i'm dental fit; is that correct?
Also once i start my training and am entiltied to dental care would i be able to apply for an implant?

Regards

@liam900 did the naval dentist do this work?
If so wait and see what they say?

If you are not at Raleigh yet, I believe you get a dental check in the first weeks? stand to be corrected.
Refer to @WreckerL above

I am due to start at Raleigh later this year.

My teeth have given me no problems for years, no pain, nothing - though I've not been to the dentist for a long time. To what extent do they a) judge your dental health, b) treat anything they see and feel is necessary to treat, or c) deny your place at INT subject to this work being carried out off base?

Cheers

I have no idea if they inspect your gnashers prior to enlisting but I do know that dental health is very important for seagoing personnel as most ships/submarines do not include a qualified dentist in the crew.

You'll get a dental check up when you join Raleigh and they'll do whatever needs doing.
You'll have annual mandatory checks thereafter, you get trooped for non-attendance of dentist appointments.

Best bit is its all free so its up there with socks!

I am due to start at Raleigh later this year.

My teeth have given me no problems for years, no pain, nothing - though I've not been to the dentist for a long time. To what extent do they a) judge your dental health, b) treat anything they see and feel is necessary to treat, or c) deny your place at INT subject to this work being carried out off base?

Cheers
I have 4 fillings of RN cement installed at Raleigh in 67 , they are the only ones that are still intact...the civvie ones have failed and needed repair.

Sumo

War Hero
You'll get a dental check up when you join Raleigh and they'll do whatever needs doing.
You'll have annual mandatory checks thereafter, you get trooped for non-attendance of dentist appointments.

Best bit is its all free so its up there with socks!
You put your socks in your mouth? How odd, well back aft dweller still in your blood.