Dental Question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ElectroDreams, Jun 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am due to start in a few weeks time and I am a recent ex smoker, I'm not currently with a dentist at the moment and really want to get my teeth cleaned up, would the RN dentistry do a scale and polish for me when I have my check up at Raleigh or is this something I'd have to pay for privately?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Once you join the Service, all "Fang Farrier" requisitries, including 'Dental Hygeinistry' is free.

3. Excellent. Thanks for the reply.

4. It's free as long as it is required. If you just want your teeth to look whiter then you may have bother getting it done!

5. Ninja_Stoker

A good point.

Similarly those having ongoing orthodontal treatment or in need of dental treatment (extractions, fillings, crowns etc) prior to entry usually have to have this work completed prior to being passed fit.

6. My teeth are a mess, have had 4$ extractions already from back teeth and now have to chew all my food on left hand side which is having an effect on those teeth.

Just want the horrible yellow tar build up off the back of my bottom teeth really, I'd be prepared to pay for veneers if it came down to it.

7. Ninja_Stoker

I managed to get veneers through the service, but only because my gob looked like a busted piano.

8. Teeth at half arm intervals were they NS? :lol:

9. Did you ask or was this offered to you?

10. Ninja_Stoker

The dentist offered. (When she had stopped sobbing & calmed down a bit after asking me to "open wide".)

11. I remember when I was working in the Ops Tower in Culdrose. I needed a tooth removed due to infection. The dentist had a fair bit of difficulty removing it he had to literally put a knee on my chest for leverage lol

12. Teeth were a design failing by the Great Creator....they rot and need filling and/or removal over their lifetime.....yet useless toenails just keep on growing....go figure

13. Did anybody watch the program about the Elephants last night? there teeth constantly grow when they grind there food up, similar to a production line, they fall off then new ones push from the back. brilliant hey

14. I saw that, it was very interesting. My teeth are fucked, for what it's worth. They look like baby teeth because of the amount of cola I used to drink.

15. I remember in 1963 at Raleigh sh1tting myself every time I passed the dentists. At last I left Raleigh and went to Daedalus for part 2 training. i thought I'd beaten the system, but no, one day a runner came to the classroom with a message to report to the dentist.
    The only nice thing about it was that in those days wrens wore stockings and suspenders, the wren DSA used to sit on a stool legs crossed flashing said items. Almost made going to the dentists pleasurable. :p

16. If youre lucky you might have a similar experience as i did at Raleigh,attended the gob gardner for the routine check up,lay back and then went blind as the more than ample breasts of the female dentist obscured my vision,it only seemed like seconds and the examination was over. :(

18. I might go pick a fight with some one bigger then me then in the hope they knock a few more out :twisted: :lol: