Delia Vs Real Women

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by brazenhussy, Apr 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. (nicked from another forum-- but it made me chuckle!!)

Delia's Way
    Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice-cream drips.

The Real Woman's Way
    Suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for God's sake. You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it anyway.

Delia's Way
    To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes

The Real Woman's Way
    Buy Smash and keep it in the cupboard for up to a year

Delia's Way
    When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking tin, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.

The Real Woman's Way
    Tesco sells cakes. They even do decorated versions.

Delia's Way
    If you accidentally over-salt a dish, while it's still cooking, drop in a potato slice

The Real Woman's Way
    If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's tough sh!t. Recite with me the Real Woman's motto: "I made it and you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes."

Delia's Way
    Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator, and it will keep for weeks.

The Real Woman's Way
    It could keep for ever. Who eats it?

Delia's Way
    Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.

The Real Woman's Way
    Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and drop it in 8 ounces of vodka. Drink the vodka. You might still have the headache,
    but you won't give a sh!t.

Finally, the most important tip:

Delia's Way
    Freeze leftover wine into ice cube trays for future use in casseroles.

The Real Woman's Way
    Left over wine? Helloooooooooooooooooooo???!!

Any Guesses about which way I do it?? :lol: :lol:

2. Oooooh, you naughty hussey, Brazen! Some of us learned our cookery skills, for what they're worth, via Delia. I can now boil an egg with a runny middle and toast my egg sailors perfectly, ready for dunking into the hot, runny, yellow stuff! Yummy!

3. I can boil toast now!!! Next it will be how to use the microwave-thingy in kitchen :) Good one BH!! xx

4. ahhh women in kitchens.....dangerous things :D :D .....men, as always, do it better for longer and with more variety 8) Have you ever wondered why the worlds best chefs are male? :twisted:

Ok, ok, ok am curled up in a ball prepared for my beating now :D :D

5. c601 hun- chicken tikka masala please xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Make mine Pad Thai Noodles Jesse and a glass of wine. Then BH and I will discuss your beating :0

7. home made spag bog with garlic, fresh tomatoes, lightly fried onions, red kidney beans and a tin of baked beans thrown in to make it intresting :D
    followed with homemade apple and cinnamon pie with ice cream

anyone hungry? :lol: 8)

8. Now your just showing off Jess!!!! LOL x

9. VERY hungry. Where do you live? Do save me some!

PS: I'll bring along some home-made vanilla ice-cream

10. Jesse, don't trust AAC's Ice Cream! ;)

11. I know phil......(shudders) you've heard the same rumours then?