Delete

Ermm - Methinks somehow there's an upsie downsie crept in there...

Surely the RNP are supposed to terrify the Suspects, not the Applicants...:eek: ?

Exits Cell 14, scratching head..,

WreckerL

War Hero
@WreckerL please explain!
In service joke, when you go before the RNP (also known as Crushers, ratcatchers, Reggies plus other names) to be questioned, they decide what they are going to do with you.

Standard joke is you're guilty until proven innocent then you get charged anyway with "Conduct prejudicial to good order and Naval Discipline" :)

Ballistic

War Hero
I went to a few RNP selection boards..you're guilty...you're on warning..you're on 9's etc etc.
Whenever I was ... er... in front of the selection board, I couldn't understand why I wasn't asked to sit down and offered a coffee - no handshakes, not very welcoming at all.
They wouldn't let me keep my hat on either...

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Poor EMay, choosing to join as one of 'them' (and not one of THEM) - must have no close family, no friends or colleagues.

Should fit right in.

Direct Entry too? WTF is that all about? No idea of how the RN operates at Messdeck level, when to wade in, when to see nothing etc.

WreckerL

War Hero
Poor EMay, choosing to join as one of 'them' (and not one of THEM) - must have no close family, no friends or colleagues.

Should fit right in.

Direct Entry too? WTF is that all about? No idea of how the RN operates at Messdeck level, when to wade in, when to see nothing etc.
they have to do a year at sea before being fully fledged crushers, probably so they can suss where the beer boat is hidden :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Max9393 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
D The Quarterdeck 6
M Blogs 1