Definition of Embarrassing

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
Trehorn - Firstly, while I sometimes have respect for what you post on, right now I think you have crossed a line. It is not in my opinion appropriate to post information without context as to what has gone on, and in the process of doing so, set out to create material which could cause embarassment to the RNR. You may think its embarrassing, hell, if I heard the circumstances I may agree with you. BUT in my mind, the RR forum is not the most appropriate place to conduct a running commentary on what your unit is, or is not doing. For gods sake think before you post.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bollox, missed a contentious post. Gutted.
You never missed much, but I'll give you a rundown. I'll change the names to protect the innocent.

Popeye dripped about asking the army for the loan of a boat.
Humphrey got his knickers in a twist about airing dirty laundry.
Popeye retorted, but I missed it.
I'm guessing here, but I imagine a flurry carrier pigeons sent messages back and forth before Popeye backed up like George Michael in an LA toilet.
The end.

That's pretty much it.

My frustration at once again being the poor relation got the better of me. Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Happy for the thread to be locked/deleted as appropriate.

Last edited:
Have a small clicker built punt about 6ft in length in the garage. Your most welcome to it. Only need it returning if the Army haven't got any boats left and they want to do a Dunkirk rerun

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've just found my copy of the 'The Western Approaches'. That's recognition training sorted without leaving the comfort of the bar.