Deferring entry?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AndyStano, May 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

i passed my RT 2 months back, have been told there is an 18 month waiting list for my selected branch (MA), i still have a year to go at uni but due to the waiting lists increasing thought i was best applying now, which my AFCO also advised, only query is really, if the waiting list was to reduce (pigs might fly)and i was called forward before i had finished my degree would i be able to delay entry or would it simply be a case of its now or back of the que?

thanks for any advice you can give me
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's not that difficult a call to be honest - keep all options open.

Your best bet is to crack on with Uni & keep your options open with regard an entry date. If a short notice place occurs (through cancellation) & you are offered it, evaluate your options at the time & simply give a swift yes/no to the offer, within 24 hours, so someone else may benefit an early entry date with the maximum amount of notice.

If you are offered a cancellation place &n don't take it, you will simply be allocated a standard entry date in due course, based on the time you have been waiting rather than being shifted (unfairly) to the back of the queue.

If you are within a year of graduation, common sense would suggest you'd be better off graduating before joining.
  3. Yeah thats what i thought ninja stoker, it probably wont matter thought to be honest, just wanted to double check,

thanks again for your advice