deferred pension information

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by dingerbell, Apr 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HELP!!!!!!!! Somewhere in my memory I recall reading in my discharge docs. in 1975 that at age 60 Iwould be entitled to a deferred pension. I've long since lost my docs but have been 60+ for a year or so and have never had any notification about said pensh. I seem to recall reading something on here a couple of years ago but have tried all the searchy stuff without success.Any info would be helpful,who to contact etc.
    thanks in anticipation. :D :?: :D

UP SPIRITS.................SPLICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!

2. Dinger you are touching on a hairy subject :lol: :lol:

1975 was the year they changed the RN pay and pensions entitlement
    so it would depend on when in 1975 you did your discharge .

If you are entitled normally you would have been contacted by now
    via your Nat. Insurance number details.

Look in your telephone book for the contact details of SSAFAB the local rep should be able to help with who to ask --or may even do the checking
    for you.

Hope you do get money ----it will be based on number of years served
    as a fraction of 22 years pension .You might recieve a bounty aswell.

G.

3. Dinger
    I don't know about the 75 rule, but check AFPAA ref PPPA(C)RN pensions/AMB the direct phone number is 023 92702606

Best of luck mate, get it now. My dad died after his 60th but never claimed his pension.

4. I was told that at age 60 you have to go to them, as they won't come looking for you.

5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

You need to fill out this form and post it to the address at the end of the form: Preserved Pension Benefit Form

See the AFPS 75 FAQ section of the Veterans Agency website for more info here: FAQ AFPS 75

6. Thank you all very much for the info shipmtes. this must be the best website on the net for information.Someone once told me a long time ago that servicemen only join up if they are uneducated ill informed and can't get a job in civilian life, what utter shieeeete. the knowledge and intellect displayed on here proves the twat was talking out his arrrisole. May all that is good befall you my friends.

UP SPIRITS..............SPLICEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :D

7. Dinger

Let us know how you get on with this.

8. Thanks for the form and other info Chief Tiff. :)

9. I will most definitely let you know how I get on with this folks. Never know there might be a couple of extra wets on the monthly income. I intend taking early retirement in august if my line manager will consider a voluntary severance package. So far the twats not listening to me. I'm looking to become mrs Dingers permanent carer because looking out for her keeping house and all that goes with that as well as working full time is getting too much. Don't want the major heart surgery I had going to waste by going tits up. Anyway thanks again lads and lasses.( Mrs Dingers right you know, we never leave the mob do we?

UP SPIRITS..............................SPLICEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Hello shippers would you believe still trying to get some joy from these people. I followed all the advice from your good selves and contacted the appropriate people, 3 e-mails later still no reply from them, three phone calls later and they are sending me the form which I previously downloaded from chieftiffs link above. The bod at SPVA told me today that I do have a deferred pensh but its taken 2 whole months to get some sense out of these guys, bless them they might be old bsastards like me. I will keep you updated soleil. cheers shipmates

UP SPIRITS...............SPLICEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!! :D