Defender in The News

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seaweed, Oct 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

2. Wow!

Oh, that narrows it down a bit.

regarding the Vid, nice to see on what appears to be a newly recovered aircraft, the "remove before flight" flags on the outboard weapons waving in the breeze.

3. T45s live up to the tag, shame we've only got half the number we should have, half the weapon fit-out and they've chosen some rather "John and Jill" book names. Already had to explain half a dozen times who Duncan was and that it's nothing to do with a certain pub in Soho.

4. You're right about DUNCAN. HMS DAINTY or DELIGHT would have been far better.

5. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Or Decoy which was of the former Daring class.

6. Strange they never thought of Diana, seeing as she was a Daring class destroyer.

Perhaps Her Maj had something against the name ;)

7. I wonder if a certain future king had wanted it if it would have gone ahead. To be honest I think it would have been a good name considering how loved she was/is.

8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I can't read minds but I'd suggest that if we got 12 Type 45s like we were supposed to, there would be a requirement for 6 more 'D' names.

9. When up in Scotstoun, before they binned 7 and 8, we had named them as Dubious and Doubtful :):):)

• Funny Funny x 2