Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in full

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in ful

The Guardian's take on the IISS speech by 1SL/CNS: Navy sails into battle over future of forces

Interesting to note that CNS's speech hasn't been given anywhere near the same coverage as those by CGS and CAS in the same series. Perhaps the Falklands situation will start concentrating more minds over the coming weeks.

2. Re: Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in ful

NG

Thank you for picking up the Guardian article - I had missed that one.

You are quite right about the lack of coverage - I had been expecting a handful to have come in by the end of the evening but no ........

Surprised and a bit disappointed really ........

By contrast, on the evening of Sir Stephen's address, there was already at least one broadsheet article by 10 pm.

3. Re: Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in ful

However that being said he isn't saying much that he didn't already say at RUSI and in another speech (the location of which I forget) a few weeks ago. He got a fair bit of coverage following those speeches.

4. Re: Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in ful

Horrible bit of septicese, Sir. I do hope the financial parasites don’t interprate “leverage†as “in debt up to the a**e holeâ€.

5. More to the point, the only comment I heard on the Today Programme was that '1SL states that the Royal Navy is fully prepared for operations in the south atlantic' or words to those effect....

6. Re: Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in ful

Very much so, I am losing track of all the different speeches/bickering between the three service chiefs!

RN rules of course,

Comm. :thumbup: