Defence Spending Review affecting start times?

Hey,

Has anybody experienced or heard anything about Officer candidates being told that they can't expect a start date at BRNC for quite a while due to the cutbacks being made as a result of the Defence Spending Review? A friend of a friend (bear with me...) has apparently been told that he shouldn't expect a date for at least 24 months despite the fact that he has passed AIB to go in as a Logistics Officer (SM) about 3/4 months ago. Allegedly he was also told that this was a direct result of the DSR...

Hopefully someone can shed some light as I have my SIFT in mid-November and don't want to hear that I've got at least two years to wait. I'm going as a Warfare Officer (SM) though so maybe different departments would be affected differently...

older_joiner

Lantern Swinger
I'm waiting for my AIB date still, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I would suggest passing your SIFT on the 19th of this month and then find out from your recruitment officer what might be happening regarding intakes.

I know it's easy to get carried away, god knows I have, but best to take one thing at a time.

Latest Threads