Defence Review

Been googling around and searching on here, but can't seem to find when the actual date of this review and conclusion will be. I expect the answer is right in front of me, but currently can't see it. Does anyone know the answer?

jacko90 said:
Been googling around and searching on here, but can't seem to find when the actual date of this review and conclusion will be. I expect the answer is right in front of me, but currently can't see it. Does anyone know the answer?
The only time I am aware of is 'towards the end of October'. Others may have more precise info on this...but in any event, it is not due for another week at the very least...

StixJimboRM said:
labrum said:
19th October
????

We were briefed at work last week that the PM is making the 'big hand stuff' announcement on 27h October and then various Admirals etc are visiting barracks/camps etc to deliver the nitty gritty news on 28th October. We have FOST coming to our place of work.
Apologies, misread the OP's question as asking about results of spending review rather than defence review. Give my best to FOST when he pitches up...

StixJimboRM said:
labrum said:
19th October
????

We were briefed at work last week that the PM is making the 'big hand stuff' announcement on 27h October and then various Admirals etc are visiting barracks/camps etc to deliver the nitty gritty news on 28th October. We have FOST coming to our place of work.
According to this thread I must be psychic Jimbo..! 8)

Defence review brought forward - Evening Standard

StixJimboRM said:
labrum said:
StixJimboRM said:
labrum said:
19th October
????

According to this thread I must be psychic Jimbo..! 8)

Defence review brought forward - Evening Standard
Seen.

any ideas of the winners at Exeter this Thursday? I'm going up there with a few muckers and could do with some tips :wink:
I'll PM you if I get the time inbetween now and then Ed constantly texting me asking what David is thinking...

I wonder if it's a sign - on the main navy page, if you click the link "Why do we need a Navy, what do we do" it comes up with a 404: Page could not be found.

Maybe someone knows something which we do not ;)

dboy said:
I wonder if it's a sign - on the main navy page, if you click the link "Why do we need a Navy, what do we do" it comes up with a 404: Page could not be found.

Maybe someone knows something which we do not ;)
It works fine for me and it worked fine during this Rum Ration thread, too: Why do we need a Navy?

Must be a problem with some people's browsers.