Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request

It really does irk when we have to apologise on behalf of an incompetent third party, nevertheless I hope it's appreciated the frustration is mutual.

Having you and other dedicated AFCO's on the case Sir speaks volumes for these young thrusters , choccy hob nobs MID ;).

Last edited:
Hi, I’m new to this. I was wondering what would be the next best thing for me to do? As I have already applied a month ago and I haven’t got a call back or more information about my application. As a result I contacted my local AFCO to see if I could get my application manually processed but they said they only deal with applications through the online portal.

Hi, I’m new to this. I was wondering what would be the next best thing for me to do? As I have already applied a month ago and I haven’t got a call back or more information about my application. As a result I contacted my local AFCO to see if I could get my application manually processed but they said they only deal with applications through the online portal.
That is correct unfortunately however there are contingency plans afoot - watch this space because we may well follow the RAF and ditch the system to go to fully manual processing whilst they fix the bugs.

My experience is a recent one starting only a week ago.
Started to apply online for chosen role and got as far as receiving the email thanking me for my interest and asking me to register for eligibility to join. Received an email asking me to login to the candidate portal. When I attempt to do this is states that it does not recognise me or my details.
Have rung helpline who advises me to keep trying and yes that they do know who I am!!
Should I ring AFCO? Should I just keep trying to login? Or is there another way to log on?
Yes, I am at a very embryonic stage of my journey, haven't given details over the very basics, but I'm guessing patience with persistence is the key.

Thanks

I have been using the top link you suggested, but thanks for ensuring I'm not making a mistake.

The call centre has escalated my issue to the IT boffins apparently and if it's not fixed by Monday then I'm to ring them back apparently.

AFCO has also (as others have said) told me that it's all online only, no paper option.

Must be as frustrating for them as it is for us!

This WILL be my career, I'm not going to let technology stop that!

My application finally went through this morning after a month of trying. Previously I was receiving the Error 500 or Timeout message when trying to submit the full online application.

I haven't yet received an email from the support team telling me that the issue has been resolved though, so I suggest that anybody who has had the same problem as me to log in and try again now whilst it appears to be working.

Thanks to all for the advice on this thread!

I'm expecting more than my fair share of 'cornish' jokes when I join. Give as good as you get I say!

Anyway, this is what I keep getting everytime I try and log on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180119-124416.jpg
    Screenshot_20180119-124416.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 32

Latest Threads