Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request

That is correct unfortunately however there are contingency plans afoot - watch this space because we may well follow the RAF and ditch the system to go to fully manual processing whilst they fix the bugs.
Manual process has started, my son has received an e-mail today providing the application form, once completed he has to send it back by e-mail.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Manual process has started, my son has received an e-mail today providing the application form, once completed he has to send it back by e-mail.
Good to hear. I was told they were sending emails to several thousand applicants this afternoon that had been snarled-up in the selection process since the new system launched in November.

One problem I have found is that I had a SIFT interview booked, which was then cancelled. However, I was not aware of this as I did not check the application portal as all my prior communications have been by email. I would suggest that automatic emails informing the applicant of a change to their application might avoid this. The ALCO must have been disappointed to see me when I turned up and we had to do the interview ;)

Looks like the problems are finally being highlighted.

Plymouth MP calls for review into Armed Forces recruitment to tackle the military's 'manpower crisis’

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/plymouth-mp-calls-review-armed-1131162

"Under the contract, Capita has taken over recruitment in the Army and has also built the defence recruitment system, an IT system intended to handle recruitment across all the armed forces.

The project went live in November, five years after the original contract was signed, but this was immediately followed by reports of technical issues."

Well, my problems have been resolved. And I don't think I can blame it on Capita.

Seems that when I clicked apply, I actually clicked "register your interest" instead. Could have sworn I made sure to avoid that problem, but evidently not. I'm happily filling out an application form now.

I have noticed that I've had to say I'm applying for ET(ME) 3 times on the portal now. Seems a bit pointless to ask it at every stage, though I guess it removes the risk of someone accidentally applying for the wrong role.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Well, my problems have been resolved. And I don't think I can blame it on Capita.

Seems that when I clicked apply, I actually clicked "register your interest" instead. Could have sworn I made sure to avoid that problem, but evidently not. I'm happily filling out an application form now.

I have noticed that I've had to say I'm applying for ET(ME) 3 times on the portal now. Seems a bit pointless to ask it at every stage, though I guess it removes the risk of someone accidentally applying for the wrong role.
I agree with you, the application process is incorrectly labelled. It says "apply now" when in actual fact you are merely expressing an interest, not actually applying.

Good feedback though, thanks!

Front end bugs
The employment section is totally unusable. I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate this. The grid of previous employment is totally foobared.
Everything you said was so spot on, could never have worded better. However, this little bit is what is causing me substantial grief and makes previous employment impossible/guess work.

Attachments

Seems to be the case, sketchy use of Kendo UI by the looks of it. It now gives the applicant a choice of either guessing if the information they've put in is correct/even saving. Or we ring about, moan and wait out.

I tried multiple browser and OS types before deciding it was broken. FWIW I'm running Firefox on Windows but it was equally broken on Safari on a Mac and on Chrome on my Android phone.

I even tried to get the site to render properly by using internet explorer!

Just to give an update from my end.

Now being processed manually. My AFCO with a huge dollop of sarcasm said "what DRS issues?!" :D

Passed psychometric test yesterday and have booked eye test and filled in medical forms.

Of the 17 of us being tested yesterday, I was the only one having issues online and AFCO just said that rather than worry, we'll just do my application the old fashioned way.

Raleigh date in 2018? I can only hope!

Cornish