Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request

Communication challenges: was phoned by AFCO and asked why I had not followed up to messages on the online system or added some info or some-such. My answer: what system?

Seems despite up to date contact details (checked) there may be a bug or two in getting everyone switched onto/ imported into it.

Sadly for AFCOs it may be necessary to manually check for stragglers. Or wait to see who gets in touch, as the more 'on the ball' applicants will do.

Luckily I had come to the end of the application pipeline and just started training hence no adverse effects.

Good luck to all those in process.

Sadly for AFCOs it may be necessary to manually check for stragglers. Or wait to see who gets in touch, as the more 'on the ball' applicants will do.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The more proactive applicants are the ones who will raise the issues as they arise and drive their applications forward.

The average 16 year old is less likely to be as assertive purely because they are still developing their self-worth - the new system, to my mind, places too much reliance on the applicant getting things done rather than accepting that some need a bit of nurturing to help them achieve their goal. My worry is that the sheer volume of applicants and an unreliable operating system may mean some fall by the wayside through neglect because the system doesn't seem to flag-up lack of movement.

@Ninja_Stoker I guess it will depend massively how adaptable the system is, would hope a post-launch review would allow for adding a 'flag' to applications not touched for x amount of time. Though that may leave you/team snowed under with notifications!
Best of luck with it.

Hi, new to this, thought I’d make one when I saw this thread, to tell you about my experience.

Had my interview at the end of October, passed that and was told I’d hear about my security check within 2 weeks, but didn’t so I rang my AFCO and was told about the system was down after multiple times calling in and getting the same answer, I still haven’t had an email about the security check or my fitness test

Hi, new to this, thought I’d make one when I saw this thread, to tell you about my experience.

Had my interview at the end of October, passed that and was told I’d hear about my security check within 2 weeks, but didn’t so I rang my AFCO and was told about the system was down after multiple times calling in and getting the same answer, I still haven’t had an email about the security check or my fitness test
Have you taken your eyetest and returned the optician report together with your completed medical questionnaire? If so, you should have your traige call within a couple of weeks.

If your medical is underway and you've checked your junk/spam email forlders for an SC activation link, then email your careers adviser to state you have not yet received the SC activation link. If you've not yet done your eyetest & returned the medical questionnaire, the odds are you are delaying your SC.

I have had the exact same message for over a month now... Contacted the helpline 3 times and been to my afco. I was told the application must be submitted online.
Again this is a server error and seems to be connected to the extremely slow server speed due to the number of users. This week is particularly handy as there are about 1500 fewer people using the system due to leave.

Notwithstanding the company are supposedly applying several fixes to the software, early morning (ie, before 8:00 am) and evenings, (after 9:00 pm) are a good time to try it again this week.

If it doesn't work, email your AFCO stating your full name and date of birth, give full details of the dates and number of times you have tried to complete the online application, the error message you are receiving and requesting your application details are forwarded as a "known fault" for further investigation by Capita software engineers. Screenshots are also handy.

Morning, I’m also new to this website.

My son who has only just turned 16 put in his request to join the Royal Navy on 27/11/17. He received an e-mail straight back advising that there is problems with the IT and that a link to complete his application would be sent out to him by e-mail. This was received on the 14/12/17 so he attempted that weekend to submit his application. Once completing the registration page and clicking submit he got the following error message:-

‘Sorry we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later’.

We phone the Navy Helpline who advised to keep trying but if no success to phone back on a weekday when IT will be available. After numerous attempts to register and getting the same error message my son phoned the Helpline again on 21/12/17 who was advised that it would be referred to IT and they would e-mail him.

We have attempted again this morning to register but still get the same error message. I
know with the Christmas period there will be a delay with IT getting in contact but my question is how long should he wait or should he contact his AFCO office to ask to complete his application manually?

I've had the same problem as others - the Error 500 message or 'Submit failed - timed out' when trying to submit my online application form.

I called the hotline on 14/12 and 20/12, and they told me they'd passed my details on to their IT technicians and that they would be in touch with me. Apparently, lots of other applicants had reported the same issue. I called my local AFCO on 20/12 asking if there was a way to submit the application manually, but they told me no, that I'd have to carry on with the online route.

So, at the moment, I'm just waiting for the IT team to contact me and occasionally logging on and trying to submit my form as I can't really see what else I can do at this stage.

Morning, I’m also new to this website.

My son who has only just turned 16 put in his request to join the Royal Navy on 27/11/17. He received an e-mail straight back advising that there is problems with the IT and that a link to complete his application would be sent out to him by e-mail. This was received on the 14/12/17 so he attempted that weekend to submit his application. Once completing the registration page and clicking submit he got the following error message:-

‘Sorry we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later’.

We phone the Navy Helpline who advised to keep trying but if no success to phone back on a weekday when IT will be available. After numerous attempts to register and getting the same error message my son phoned the Helpline again on 21/12/17 who was advised that it would be referred to IT and they would e-mail him.

We have attempted again this morning to register but still get the same error message. I
know with the Christmas period there will be a delay with IT getting in contact but my question is how long should he wait or should he contact his AFCO office to ask to complete his application manually?
At present the AFCOs are closed until Tuesday. He can email the AFCO stating full name and date of birth, giving full details of the dates and number of times he has tried to complete the online application, the error message received and requesting the application details are forwarded as a "known fault" for further investigation by Capita. At this point in time, short of calling 03456 07 55 55 to see if they can manually create an application, there isn't a great deal that can be achieved.

Suffice to say the frustration is very much felt on both sides, particularly when we find ourselves apologising for the wholly inadequate circumstances completely beyond our control.

I've had the same problem as others - the Error 500 message or 'Submit failed - timed out' when trying to submit my online application form.

I called the hotline on 14/12 and 20/12, and they told me they'd passed my details on to their IT technicians and that they would be in touch with me. Apparently, lots of other applicants had reported the same issue. I called my local AFCO on 20/12 asking if there was a way to submit the application manually, but they told me no, that I'd have to carry on with the online route.

So, at the moment, I'm just waiting for the IT team to contact me and occasionally logging on and trying to submit my form as I can't really see what else I can do at this stage.
Again, the only advice I can offer is that already stated above and to perhaps attempt submitting the application early morning or late evening, when the servers are light loaded.

Again, emailing your AFCO and detailing the issues with the request they are forwarded to the software engineers for investigation will at least ensure you have documented proof of your application history thus far.

The problem is that when complaints stop flowing, the company think the problems have gone away and clearly they haven't.

Yes done all the required tests up to this point, just get the same response each time I ring
Best bet is to email your AFCO your specific details, as listed above, requesting your application is forwarded for formal investigation. Hopefully, if enough individuals submit a similar request, they'll address the issue as a priority.

Blimey. Cant join up because company contracted to supply IT unable to supply IT. What a ridiculous situation. Enough to make people consider finding a different job I'd have thought.

My online portal account isn’t up to date. It says I’m still due to have the interview, fitness test etc but I’ve passed these already. I first applied in March and registered on the online portal about a month ago. My careers advisor says there’s nothing to worry about as they know what stage I’m actually at with my application

Latest Threads