DEFENCE MINISTER CUTS FIRST STEEL FOR SIXTH TYPE 45 DESTROYE

Re: DEFENCE MINISTER CUTS FIRST STEEL FOR SIXTH TYPE 45 DEST

And that's yer lot.

"……Three of the fleet of six ships have already been launched,……"

There should have been a banner in the background saying "Six down, six to go!" or at least "We want eight and we won't wait!"

snorko

Lantern Swinger

WE tried to sell them to the saudies a few months ago, and I heard we made such a cock up of it, we have no chance of selling them.... but we may try again!!

snorko said:
WE tried to sell them to the saudies a few months ago, and I heard we made such a cock up of it, we have no chance of selling them.... but we may try again!!

UK Plc is still whoring hulls 5 & 6 around the various 3rd world arms buyers hoping for a bite.

wet_blobby said:
Suprise, suprise, It happened in glasgow, jockland.
Yeah why didnt they do it in england? Why not at somewhere that wasnt BAE's shipyard.
Would make much more sense to cut the steel in england and then take it to scotland.
Whats your point WB?

danny said:
wet_blobby said:
Suprise, suprise, It happened in glasgow, jockland.
Yeah why didnt they do it in england? Why not at somewhere that wasnt BAE's shipyard.
Would make much more sense to cut the steel in england and then take it to scotland.
Whats your point WB?

They could have cut the first steel at Vospers down in Pompey… but no votes for that.

snorko said:
What, we didn't offer sufficient financial inducements..... oh, oops, I forgot, we don't do illegal things like that, do we? :rambo:

Defence Minister Baroness Taylor today, Friday 29 February 2008, visited the BAE Systems shipyards in Glasgow to mark the cutting of steel for the Royal Navy's sixth Type 45 Destroyer, Duncan.
Duncan is the sixth of the 'D' Class of Type 45 Destroyers. The others are Daring, Dauntless, Diamond, Dragon and Defender. The Type 45 programme is currently providing 3,000 shipbuilding jobs on the Clyde, 600 shipbuilding jobs in Portsmouth and many more jobs at sub-contractors around the country.

Latest Threads