Defence gateway

Discussion in 'RFA' started by WelshJaffaCake, May 29, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, I had an email titled "Guide to finding the RFA on the Defence Gateway‏" from
    a Simon B Jordan.

I am starting training in Sept 4 so my guess it was a mistake but I have looked up the Defence gateway it seems like it's a website to get access to learning resources and updates to the RFA program similar to what I had in college. I was thinking it might benefit me to have a look of the stuff that I am going to get in Sept but I know how the MOD doesn't like people looking at things they shouldn't be looking at.

Or I could be completely wrong and I end up getting hold of our nuclear codes.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Defence Gateway. Is that the same as Liverpool Pathway?

3. Vlad already knows the codes - 1,2,3,4,5

To be serious for a sec: Why not reply and ask the sender if you're supposed to have access before you officially join? If you've completed whatever security checks are required to achieve access then all they've managed to do is get you to do some unpaid training...

4. I thought others might have had the email sent to them plus won't get hold of him till Tuesday since it's bank holiday. I was just going to look for a detailed training program and timetable.

5. I have access on the sea cadet side of things, if you have been given a password and login, I dare say it is correct, but you will only have access to certain aspects of the site, basically what you have been given permissions for, basically you will have limited access to most of the site

6. If you've got a staff number (6 numbers and a letter) you can register for access. If you haven't, you can't.

7. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Chill - DGW only has stuff on it up to Official, and if you've found a VLE then great. Stuff is put on SGW to be read so I'd fill your boots.:D

8. Not entirely true re Official - Defence Connect has only Official stuff. You certainly won't have access to anything Official Sensitive that you're not supposed to via DGW. You might have access to the thrilling debate over what constitutes Official Sensitive though...

You're certainly not going to get Special Branch coming round if you log on to DGW inadvertently before you're supposed to.

9. Strange red dots dancing around on your chest, yes...Special Branch, no ;)

10. I messaged him about it all I got was if you got your staff number go ahead but I don't have it, when I asked if he can give it to me or when I will get it, he answered "nothing to do with me".

This is sort of related my friend who's doing politics and history A-levels in College, one of his units is tilted "history and evolution of terrorism". So he thought it was a good idea to research and look at real jihadi websites on the college computer network -_- . A few weeks later he was taken out of a lecture to be questioned by a detective from the South Wales counter terrorism unit and head of student's welfare.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You'll get your staff number on joining. Don't worry about the gateway until your in.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I also got the email, Welsh

13. Chill - as a few people have said, you'll get your access once you actually join. You need to be on the system in order to activate your account.

14. You'll get your staff number upon joining. It's not all that exciting, just a few resources, the latest RN/RFA news.. that kind of thing. Don't fret about it, you'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks after joining for it to work anyway, like my class did

• Like Like x 1