Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical care

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hackle, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

The following press release has been issued today 16 May on behalf of the House of Commons Defence Committee:

[hr]
    Defence Committee launches web forum on Armed Forces medical care

Service personnel, their families and healthcare professionals are invited to take part in a web-based forum with Members of the House of Commons Defence Committee at the start of its inquiry into Medical Care for the Armed Forces.

The aim of the inquiry is to examine the issues related to Service medical care, in order to make recommendations to the Ministry of Defence. The three main areas the Committee will look at are:

Healthcare for Service personnel, both at home and overseas, and the arrangements for those returning from overseas postings;

Medical support for operations, including the treatment of injured personnel—from immediate treatment in the theatre of operations to after-care in the UK—and the facilities provided for them;

How medical services for the Armed Forces are delivered, and in particular how the Ministry of Defence engages with the National Health Service to provide healthcare. The MoD has already entered into some arrangements with NHS providers, and extending these partnerships is one option for the future.

Chairman of the Defence Committee, the Rt Hon James Arbuthnot MP, says, “We want to get the views of people with direct experience of Armed Forces medical care in order to point us in the right direction in our inquiry into the Defence Medical Services. We hope this forum will help us ask the right questions and generate ideas for recommendations that we can make to the Ministry of Defence.â€

Written evidence will also be taken and oral evidence sessions will be held by the Committee. Details will be announced in due course.

Anyone who wants to participate in the forum should go to: WEB LINK

2. YIPPEE!! At last! :) :) :) Who said Parliament doesn't listen!

3. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

Be really nice if they engaged us in meaningful debate regarding the other couple of thousand ******* issues that are causing the Navy to slide into shit street as well.

Levers

4. hackle

Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

The forum will run until 11 June.

I think this initiative by the cross-party House of Commons Defence Committee deserves wide publicity.

I've posted the same notice on ARRSE and in the members-only area of the BAFF website. If you are in a position to repeat it more widely on other service-related websites, you are very welcome to do so.

Noted (BAFF)

5. I've dropped some hints, but to no avail! :(

6. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

Just tried to participate. It tells me I can't unless I register, but I can't find a way in! I note there have been no posts other than by the Mod, so is this a common problem?

7. on the site, click on the topic and open the forum. Then on the go on to log in button. Double click, and it will bring up the log on page, there is an option that asks if your registered. If not, then click on the link and it take you to the register page. I hope this helps.

8. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

Thanks Blood!

9. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

Has Andym seen this yet?! Bumped to get attention.

10. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

It needs bumping does this one. there've only been a handful of posts so far and the damn thing only runs until the 11th of June.

So get yer finger out folks. :wink:

11. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

Seen and posted on all my RNMB sites

12. bump :!:
    only 27 replies so far and ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Joined and posted! Come on guys & gals - join and voice your opinion!! Dripping in there is better than dripping in here 8O

14. No apologies - I've posted this on arrse too.

From the e-consultation Medical Care for the Armed Forces
    website here
    I don't know the guy, or whether he/she posts on arrse - but suggesting that decent medical treatment for serving and ex-serving armed forces personnel is equivalent to apartheid is ludicrous and shows ignorance of the advances made by military medical personnel as well as a complete disregard for any rights of those who have given him/her the freedom to express such views. :x :evil:

Come on folks - lets have some more posts

15. hackle

Agreed, rockape 34. And how does 'Flyonthewall' work out that the e-consultation is "nearly half-way through"? It launched a week ago and closes on 11 June.

16. thanks hackle.

Come on Folks - this ties in directly with the Abandoned Soldiers ... only 40 comments so far and one is from what appears to be a hippy Limp DebLiarbour member (see above or better still go here to to register your comments).

This consultation could be of great benefit to both serving and ex-serving Armed Forces personnel.

ONLY 18 DAYS LEFT - GET OFF YOUR ARRSES AND GIVE AN OPINION!

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ooh, big red shouty letters too!

18. :) thanks for the bump!

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

'twas intended my good chap. :lol:

20. Re: Defence Committee launches web forum on Forces medical c

I've posted a rebuttal to our esteemed fellow eConsultation contributor flyonthewall which should clear the moderator, provided he/she doesn't read between the lines!

By the way, my PERSEC borders on the paranoid, so I go by a different username on the eConsultation (and other forums).

Keep bumping this. The mods on e-goat (according to a PM from one of 'em) seem quite happy to tolerate the bumping of this one on there, so hopefully they will do on here too.

45 responses so far. We can do better!