Defaulters fines

Could anybody tell me how fines are calculated? Say 5 days pay. Is that 25% of your monthly pay before tax based on a standard 20 working day month or is it worked out as 5 days of 28-31 day month with weekends included?

Last edited:
Mine was easy to calculate, told at table £125 and stoppage of leave at South Georgia when liberty was given? Our R&R break from Falkland duties.

Mine was £50 (MT Car Excess insurance), however became a C-126 in the end as I decided to accept it rather than go on the table and be fined £50 (commander had a word and we came to an agreement, safeguard).

I believe there is something called 'the green guide' which advises how much a person who is found guilty of being naughty may be fined. This ensures fairness and a degree of commonality. In other words there is a max and a min per offence which is dependant upon the naughty person's rank/rate.

One days pay (£25) for being adrift at Collingwood when my motorbike broke down on the way in. I was still in class ontime, had phoned up but the reggies still decided to do me. Second time stoppage of leave in Crete and a days pay. Fair one as they held the gangway open for me as I came down the hill in a taxi, 1/2 adrift under sailing orders.

Was run off my push bike by a kin big lorry on way to Collinggrad, OOD at gate said you adrift, me limping along with blood escaping from holes in skin, OOD said report to reg office your in the poo, gets to reg office, Josh man takes one look at me sends me to sick bay, tells his lacky to call UPO and School to let them know, he said he was off to have a word with the OOD, something along the lines of him (OOD) being Fcuking stupid.

I believe there is something called 'the green guide' which advises how much a person who is found guilty of being naughty may be fined. This ensures fairness and a degree of commonality. In other words there is a max and a min per offence which is dependant upon the naughty person's rank/rate.
Which now a part of the manual of service law, and available online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a killick Tiff at Collingwood was 2 hours adrift. Got half a days pay - came to about £7
Obviously that was 5 days’ pay; you were being paid at you worth to the Navy (Tiff Spit)
It was me and me mate - travelled down from the midlands on the train after missing the coach at Wolverhampton.
At Cdr's table, we told our story of how we missed the coach, got the girlfriends to drive us to Birmingham only to find the coach had already left. We then got an over night train, Honest Sir.*

Cdr turns to the Joss and says - 'very interesting story isn't it Master', 'Oh yes sir' says the Joss with a big smile.
Cdr turns back to us and tells us of how another rating had just been in and told them how he missed the same coach but didn't get back until late afternoon. 'I'll think we will have that young man back in here Master' - never seen a Joss grin so much.

* What we forgot to mention was that we changed trains for Pompy at Basingstoke, fell asleep and woke up in Waterloo! Had to get another train out of London for Pompy. Well, we admitted to being late, didn't want to add stupidity to the charge sheet!!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
You’d think.

Search for “fineable daily rate of pay” on defence intranet, or ask your local ship’s office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's cheating.

Always good to manage expectations in cases such as this. "Expect the worst, hope for the best".

Generally I find the mess sweepstake on what penalty the defendant will receive is much more entertaining than BR2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Current Affairs 38
Rumrat Diamond Lil's 8
Seaweed History 0