Decisions decisions.....

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thereverend, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to figure out where I should go on me jollies this summer. Am due a tax rebate of around £5k and will be receiving it in the next couple of weeks so am willing to be quite lavish, especially seeing how it will be my first holiday in nine years. Am a bit stumped as to where to visit though. Thought New York or Interrail round Europe but thought I'd see if any of you well travelled feckers have any suggestions as to where is good. I want sun, tits and beer.
  2. Do the backpacker trail around SE Asia, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Singers, Malaysia and Thailand.

With 5 grand you will live like a King and there is no shortage of poverty stricken locals and thick American backpackers to plough. You know it makes sense.
  3. Considered this but it's all been a bit rowdy out there at the moment hasn't it!? Aside from that I'd ideally like to be back home a month before Raleigh (26th September) and from looking into it previously I figured I'd need at least 4-5 months to do the lot comfortably.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

5. In that case I'd go cultural and do something that you won't get the opportunity to do in the mob like a safari. You will have plenty of time to get lagered up pull slags on the beach while serving.

If I was in your situation though, I'd buy a big old American car and drive across the States pulling wenches and doing drive-by shootings.
  6. Actually, I've just seen Wit's suggestion.

Do that.
  7. Safari, now theres a thought.

Would do the America thing but no drivers licence.
  8. Nah I did it, it was a pain up the arse.
  9. I did Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and a little stint in Malawi last year.

It rocked. Arm yourself with a good camera and off you go. Most of the safari lodges are all inclusive so you can get smashed and then go out trying to molest lions and shit.
  10. :lol:

Any links to companies you may have used 2_D_D?
  11. Fuck,...all I got was Silversands. 8O
  12. Nice one, cheers. If I end up going they best exceed the standards set by Hollywood Safari Park.
  13. Oh, one other thing I quite fancied was Havana but I can't seem to get any prices for flight and hotel off Thomas Cook/Thomson et al. Anyone been?
  14. If I had the money I'd go back out there. Having been there to those countries and more. I love the Far East 8)
  15. I know enough Benny's as it is thanks to college, one of which was a Cockwell.
  16. :p I've drunk a whole bottle of Dandlion and Burdock in one session :!: Sang Bobby Shafto three times :roll: Hoisted out the top fore gallant, fired on the upward roll :? and am outward bound for the Spanish Maine singing Johnny Come down to Hilo. 8)
  17. Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay.

18. Nah. Fcukin Yarmouth. 5k should give you a good 2 weeks :lol: