Decision Made

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SJRM_RN, Jul 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, thats it, I have decided, I will be putting my hat in the ring for boats. Its taken a while to come to the decision but I think its the right thing for me to do.

:thumbright:

2. BZ that man and a pre-emptive welcome to the brotherhood :D

3. [​IMG]

Wondered when I'd have a chance to use this!! :lol:

4. He's probably concerned about the din you'll make when you practice. :wink: :D

5. Class! :lol: :lol:

6. You know it makes sense :thumbup:

7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You're one step closer to pongo now mate. Welcome to the great unwashed.

8. I think you`ll find you may :oops: :oops:

9. I hope you never have to wear the "Fancy Red Suit" except for training purposes :)

Breath out all the way up.

10. :thumbright:

11. But only through your ears

P.S Sounds like Stix will be spending plenty of time going down now.

12. For the next four or five weeks add a little PVA glue to the final rinse when washing your nicks. They will start to stiffen up a little at a time, and you will be well on the way. Then walk around asking anyone you meet"Can I use your bathroom". :D :D :wink:

13. Old phots mate. However - I enjoyed 20 out of 22 years on 'em (did get
    shore drafts as well mind!). Crack on - and if you feel its the right decision
    for you.........well, I hope you enjoy it.

B.N.M.

14. You can also try to get the entire contents of your wardrobe into the cupboard under the sink in your kitchen.
    This is extremely good practice for "Stowing for sea" and helpful for "de-cluttering" your collection of clothes down to about four items (1 x pair of jeans, 1 x T-shirt, 1 x boxers and 1 x pair of socks (interchangeable). Try sleeping UNDER your bed at night and attach a pussers right-angle torch to the bedsprings with masking tape and have a small B&Q fan blow cold air into your face for 24 hours. Pick a comfortable position in which to sleep AND DO NOT (REPEAT) NOT MOVE from that position under any circumstances. Ensure that the fan is on a "timer switch" so that when it shuts down - YOU JUST KNOW that the General Alarm is about to go off 'cos the ventilation has been shut down....get up - put a big Duffel coat on and run to the kitchen and isolate all the electrical supplies to the microwave, whilst simultaneously shouting "WATER ON!" and check the back door and kitchen window for leaks.

There's more, and I'm sure some other Sun-dodger could join in the fun.

B.N.M.

15. As boats roll like a barsteward on the roof always avoid the athwartship bunks. If you want to know what its like get a playground swing, strap a plank to it and then get your head down on the plank. When your least expecting it get someone to push the swing as hard as possible.

When you immediately wake up, try and think why one second your racked out standing upright and the next your standing on your head. Repeat cycle for 5 hours then go on watch :D

16. On completion of scrubbing 2-deck for rounds, ensure that you tip the
    entire contents of the bucket (Scotchbrite/Cloth/Washers/Nuts/Bolts etc)
    down the heads in - lets say, Trap 2. Flush said stuff away and go and tell
    the wrecker EXACTLY what you have just done.

He'll be so chuffed, he will immediately sign that off in your Part III BSQ book.

Honest.

How to survive Red Lighting.

At midnight, carry out the following:-

(1). Sit in the cupboard where your combi-boiler is (if you have one), but make sure the cupboard is pitch black save for a couple of miniscule red LED's (those little christmas lights will suffice).
    (2). Prior to entering the cupboard - see off a goodly dose of the strongest laxative you can get your hands on.
    (3). Keep the rest of the house in total pitch-black darkness and DO NOT leave the cupboard until you feel your arse is about to turn itself inside-out.
    (4). Just as your sphincter is about to collapse, you may open the door but get your wife to shine a million candle power searchlight directly into your eyeballs.
    (5). Now you must get from cupboard to crapper whilst watching all those crazy multi-coloured patterns swirl about in your eyeballs before you follow through like you have never followed through before in your entire life. (This is a particularly good evolution for understanding just what night vision is all about, and why the CO gets f***ing pissed off when the W/T Office door swings open and floods the Control Room with light when at periscope depth at three in the morning)

17. Hey BNM - was the messdeck photo taken on Walrus by any chance? I'm sure there's a couple of faces I vaguely recall...

18. Polto;

It was indeed. Not sure when. The other is HMS SEALION. I found 'em on Flickr (or whatever its called). On the step is WARSPITE. My rack on SEALION (refer to the WALRUS phot) was the coffin pit stbd side.

Oh the fun we had.

19. On Walrus i had the rack aft of the coffin on the stbd side...once I'd passed my Pt 3.
    One of those in the photo would be John S...