December Pot Luck Book Competition

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Dec 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A bumper end of year competition with plenty of books as prizes ranging from very serious to the more frivolous : fiction and non-fiction : serious and definitely not serious.

Entry is through the Survey Monkey entry form which is here. Just answer the three questions correctly and at the end of next week you could be the proud winner of something interesting - or not!

The competition will run until Sunday 15th December. A chance to get some cheap last minute stocking fillers.

Books on offer include:

[​IMG].......[​IMG]...........[​IMG]

[​IMG].........[​IMG]

2. In it to win it but not the Mullet one though, ta very muchly ;)

3. I'sin..............

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Tis done..............

5. innit2winit...like...innit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ageing_Gracefully

It should be OK for you as I think it has a section for the folically challenged.

7. Ageing_Gracefully

I thought you lot would know me by now. You are not doing very well in one of the questions. The subject of the question passed away in 2004. I need you ladies and gents to get the questions correct so I can empty my bookcases!

Have a re-thunk and have another go. I believe you can enter more than once but as I don't enter these comps i dont know how!

8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Won't let me try again from mobile. :(

Will try other means later.

Edit: not changing answers after all but I was able to access survey again via PC.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  9. janner

AG it won't let me in to change my answer to what I thought it was in the first place. Don't know if its possible for you to erase all answers and start again?

10. The last survivor of the Crimean war died in 2004? Blimey...that's what I call a bloody good innings!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ageing_Gracefully

I don't know either! There are some weJo enter more than once, don't know why as I only count one entry. Maybe they will come on asmd explain how.

12. exJenny

See my edited post above.

13. Sneaky one A_G, re-done :)

14. janner

ExJ and Wrecks did you re do on a different machine, I can't get back in using the same PC

15. exJenny

First go was on mobile. Second time was on a PC.

16. First time at home, 2nd at "work". Have you tried clearing your history and cookies Janner.

17. Q2 has an answer that fits one possible, and two that definitely aren't. Problem is, there is supposedly another probable not referenced at all and outlived the one given by 9 years!

Unfortunately in this instance, Google (and Wiki) are not my friend. :frown:

Still, you gotta be init to winnit, duncha. Done.

18. Ageing_Gracefully

Fun, innit? Google/Wiki should be your friends as that is where the info came from :)

19. I've won the last three so I'll give others a chance and pass this time. :)