Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

December Pot Luck Book Competition

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
A bumper end of year competition with plenty of books as prizes ranging from very serious to the more frivolous : fiction and non-fiction : serious and definitely not serious.

Entry is through the Survey Monkey entry form which is here. Just answer the three questions correctly and at the end of next week you could be the proud winner of something interesting - or not!

The competition will run until Sunday 15th December. A chance to get some cheap last minute stocking fillers.

Books on offer include:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
I thought you lot would know me by now. You are not doing very well in one of the questions. The subject of the question passed away in 2004. I need you ladies and gents to get the questions correct so I can empty my bookcases!

Have a re-thunk and have another go. I believe you can enter more than once but as I don't enter these comps i dont know how!

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Won't let me try again from mobile. :(

Will try other means later.

Edit: not changing answers after all but I was able to access survey again via PC.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
AG it won't let me in to change my answer to what I thought it was in the first place. Don't know if its possible for you to erase all answers and start again?

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
AG it won't let me in to change my answer to what I thought it was in the first place. Don't know if its possible for you to erase all answers and start again?

I don't know either! There are some weJo enter more than once, don't know why as I only count one entry. Maybe they will come on asmd explain how.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
ExJ and Wrecks did you re do on a different machine, I can't get back in using the same PC

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
First time at home, 2nd at "work". Have you tried clearing your history and cookies Janner.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Q2 has an answer that fits one possible, and two that definitely aren't. Problem is, there is supposedly another probable not referenced at all and outlived the one given by 9 years!

Unfortunately in this instance, Google (and Wiki) are not my friend. :frown:

Still, you gotta be init to winnit, duncha. Done.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Q2 has an answer that fits one possible, and two that definitely aren't. Problem is, there is supposedly another probable not referenced at all and outlived the one given by 9 years!

Unfortunately in this instance, Google (and Wiki) are not my friend. :frown:

Still, you gotta be init to winnit, duncha. Done.

Fun, innit? Google/Wiki should be your friends as that is where the info came from :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of family reunion applications June – December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS December Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS December Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
C Raleigh December 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Change of Governor of Bermuda: December 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six-monthly report on Hong Kong: July to December 2019 MoD News 0
chorzxx December 2020 intake date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of Administrative Reviews (May – December 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK House Price Index for December 2019 MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news December 2019 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS December 2019 Price Paid Data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the remit and recommendations for the Financial Policy Committee: December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CEN updates affecting chemical measurements September - December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS December 2019 Transaction Data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign flagged ships detained in the UK during December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Capacity Market auction determination: open letter from BEIS to National Grid, December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's New Year's message: 31 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Erdogan: 24 December 2019 MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Christmas message: 24 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Name of Grenfell Tower Inquiry panel member announced: 23 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM's speech to British troops in Tapa, Estonia: 21 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM meets Estonian Prime Minister Jüri Ratas: 21 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Abe: 21 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Abiy: 21 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Justice statement in fee-paid judicial litigation: December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 18 December 2019 - Apply now for the Woodland Carbon Guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Queen's Speech December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK energy statistics: statistical press release - December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Sisi: 18 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Modi: 18 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Chancellor Merkel: 13 December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar: 13 December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Trump: 16 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 18 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Alister Jack responds to December 2019 labour market figures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Webinar recording: December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 303, December 2019, PCV special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement in Downing Street: 13 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sudan peace talks: Troika statement, 11 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 11 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement at NATO meeting: 4 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 4 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 4 December 2019 - Woodland Carbon Guarantee auction dates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM opening words at North Atlantic Council: 4 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM met President Trump at Downing Street: 3 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM hosts Chancellor Merkel, President Macron and President Erdogan in Downing Street: 3 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New animal and plant health safety rules coming into force in December MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suffragan Bishop of Doncaster: 2 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Changes to the IMS hours of operation in December 2019 - January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of British High Commissioner to Samoa - December 2019 MoD News 0