Deceased Member "Banned"

An old thread has been resurrected, no problem with that - But a contributor at that thread (granny) has a banned tag below his avatar! e.g See #14 etc at https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/hms-cambridge-revisited.128607/

The Final post of all his messages was :
(granny) Dec 8, 2016 I'm afraid to inform you guys that on 10/11/16 David passed away. I know this site gave him lots of pleasure. Regards Nicola his daughter.

In short he was a respected and wise former CPO GI and an all round good egg.

To preserve his memory with a modicum of respect would the kindest of the two COs please, therefore:

Delete "banned" and kindly insert "deceased 10/11/2016" at his Profile?

An old thread has been resurrected, no problem with that - But a contributor at that thread (granny) has a banned tag below his avatar! e.g See #14 etc at https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/hms-cambridge-revisited.128607/

The Final post of all his messages was :
(granny) Dec 8, 2016 I'm afraid to inform you guys that on 10/11/16 David passed away. I know this site gave him lots of pleasure. Regards Nicola his daughter.

In short he was a respected and wise former CPO GI and an all round good egg.

To preserve his memory with a modicum of respect would the kindest of the two COs please, therefore:

Delete "banned" and kindly insert "deceased 10/11/2016" at his Profile?
'Crossed the bar' maybe?
Agree with the sentiment.

Seadog

War Hero
I agree with the sentiment. There are no warning points against ‘granny’s’ account, he was a book reviewer and I can’t recall anything other than decent contributions from him.

How he came to be ‘banned’ I don’t know. How to undo it, I don’t know.

Guns

War Hero
I suspect the code for RIP (the official banner for those that have crossed the bar) and Banned is similar. I will speak to Bad Co and get it sorted.

AS you've realised, he was never banned but there was an issue where the text showing for a deceased user said 'banned'. No idea why this happened but it is now sorted.

AS you've realised, he was never banned but there was an issue where the text showing for a deceased user said 'banned'. No idea why this happened but it is now sorted.
@Bad CO Thank you for that "fix", I've double-checked and v.glad to see that RIP now appears at grannies Profile & Posts.

bz (But in lower case only as I'd hoped for an earlier response...:WINK: :WINK: )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Waspie The Fleet Air Arm 0
R The Corps 12
4to8 The Gash Barge 53