Deceased Member "Banned"

An old thread has been resurrected, no problem with that - But a contributor at that thread (granny) has a banned tag below his avatar! e.g See #14 etc at https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/hms-cambridge-revisited.128607/

The Final post of all his messages was :
(granny) Dec 8, 2016 I'm afraid to inform you guys that on 10/11/16 David passed away. I know this site gave him lots of pleasure. Regards Nicola his daughter.

In short he was a respected and wise former CPO GI and an all round good egg.

To preserve his memory with a modicum of respect would the kindest of the two COs please, therefore:

Delete "banned" and kindly insert "deceased 10/11/2016" at his Profile?

Taztiff

War Hero
An old thread has been resurrected, no problem with that - But a contributor at that thread (granny) has a banned tag below his avatar! e.g See #14 etc at https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/hms-cambridge-revisited.128607/

The Final post of all his messages was :
(granny) Dec 8, 2016 I'm afraid to inform you guys that on 10/11/16 David passed away. I know this site gave him lots of pleasure. Regards Nicola his daughter.

In short he was a respected and wise former CPO GI and an all round good egg.

To preserve his memory with a modicum of respect would the kindest of the two COs please, therefore:

Delete "banned" and kindly insert "deceased 10/11/2016" at his Profile?
'Crossed the bar' maybe?
Agree with the sentiment.

Seadog

War Hero
I agree with the sentiment. There are no warning points against ‘granny’s’ account, he was a book reviewer and I can’t recall anything other than decent contributions from him.

How he came to be ‘banned’ I don’t know. How to undo it, I don’t know.

Guns

War Hero
I suspect the code for RIP (the official banner for those that have crossed the bar) and Banned is similar. I will speak to Bad Co and get it sorted.

Bad CO

Admin
AS you've realised, he was never banned but there was an issue where the text showing for a deceased user said 'banned'. No idea why this happened but it is now sorted.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
AS you've realised, he was never banned but there was an issue where the text showing for a deceased user said 'banned'. No idea why this happened but it is now sorted.
You, Sir, are a gentleman, despite what all the others say ;)

@Bad CO Thank you for that "fix", I've double-checked and v.glad to see that RIP now appears at grannies Profile & Posts.

bz (But in lower case only as I'd hoped for an earlier response...:WINK: :WINK: )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Looking for my deceased fathers naval records Submariners 8
Waspie Lt Cdr Tim Barker (Deceased - Oct 2013) The Fleet Air Arm 0
R Deceased Royal Marine John Ellis The Corps 12
4to8 TimKimDim preRN deceased The Gash Barge 53
H Trying to research deceased in-laws RNR & WRNS service Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS GFSL staff member going above and bee-yond at HMP Warren Hill MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Mel Young as the Scotland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed George Lucas as the Northern Ireland Member of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New member announced for Ofqual Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has approved the appointment of Venki Ramakrishnan as a Board Member of the British Library. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sentencing Council: Policing member appointment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Christopher Kelly reappointed as a non-executive member of the Office for Budget Responsibility MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Baroness Laura Wyld appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board launches member recruitment campaign MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New solicitor member appointed to the Civil Procedure Rule Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Office of Tax Simplification: new board member announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO - Sixtieth Series of Meetings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secretary of State appoints Paul Darling OBE QC as Chair and Anne Lambert CMG as an Independent Board Member of the Horserace Betting Levy Board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hemant Patel appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS OTS seeks a new board member MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Risby reappointed as Board Member of the Horserace Betting Levy Board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary and COP26 President, Alok Sharma's statement at the COP26 Briefing to all Member States at the United Nations, New York MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Judith Gillespie appointed as member to the Prison Service Pay Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCO Minister for Asia and the Pacific hosts Ambassadors and High Commissioners of ASEAN member states MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl staff member receives New Year Honour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Name of Grenfell Tower Inquiry panel member announced: 23 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of Caroline Corby as board member of Cafcass MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Birmingham gang member who violently attacked victim by public restaurant receives longer jail term MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How we build an NHS that’s there for every member of society MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ben Verwaayen reappointed as a Board Member at Ofcom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNPA Chairman welcomes new independent member MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNPA Chairman welcomes new independent member MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Paul Martin reappointed as a board member for the Charity Commission board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO ministers meet ambassadors and high commissioners of ASEAN member states to drive forward UK-ASEAN ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK Statistics Authority non-executive board member appointment: Helen Boaden MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Ministers meet Ambassadors and High Commissioners of ASEAN member states to drive forward UK-ASEAN ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New member of the Committee on Fuel Poverty appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government reappoints Mike Clancy as member of the Acas Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Appointment of John McQuater as the Lay and Consumer Advice member on CPRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ian McCaig reappointed as a Board Member of the British Tourist Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sherry Coutu CBE appointed as Non-Executive Board Member to DCMS MoD News 0
P Hello everyone, I’m a new member seeking help on Verbal test Joining the Royal Navy 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Environment Agency Board member reappointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Bradford on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board holding event in Sheffield on member recruitment and improving diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prison sentence of Leicester gang member increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Reappointment of Paula Sharp as a member of the Boundary Commission for Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: S4C Board Member Reappointment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Homes England board member appointed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: James Brokenshire appoints new Homes England board member MoD News 0