Debut novel - looking for readers!

Having spend 4 years writing, rewriting and editing my debut novel, "Spiral", I have finally published it on Amazon Kindle. I am now faced with the hardest bit: trying to make my novel stand out from the millions of books published on the site. If anyone would like to read "Spiral", it's at the bargain price of £1.99. The book is set in the early 1960's and is about a man who has it all, makes mistakes and loses everything, and then wants it back again, It is set in Southern England against the backdrop of the emerging drug culture and the attitudes of the time. Feedback would be very gratefully received! Here it is:

Your Link failed to show but AZ provides a fuller description
:
<<The dawn of the 1960's held many promises for Frank, a self-made man who was on his way up in the world. With determination, drive and ambition, he had set his life on a course that seemed destined to award him with all the trappings of success.
He had the car, the smart clothes and, most significantly, the affections of his boss's daughter, Helen, for whom Frank represented everything a man should be: strong, reliable, loyal and dependable - in fact, perfect husband material. Wind forward five years and we see a different picture.
His marriage is dead, his career prospects in tatters - he is homeless and a hunted criminal. How can this be?
It doesn't take long to realise, Frank is far from perfect. There is a dark side to his character, and he makes rash decisions and foolish mistakes. But is his fall from grace entirely of his own making? Several sub-plots intertwine with the main story, and the reader is left to judge how much Frank is to blame for his own downfall.
An intriguing and compelling novel with many twists and turns >>

Tough but not among my kind of genre so I'll pass.

BTW There is another 'Leslie Jones' publishing at AZ:

Okay, no problem. Thanks for the feedback on the link. I'm now aware of several Leslie Jones' (annoyingly all American females who spell their name like mine) - and several 'Spiral' novels.

This is probably a really silly question - but what is AZ???

Logic aside, the terms 'In' versus 'On' invariably distinguishes those greatest single factors of the lower deck from their shipmates messing in the wardroom. (All same-same WRT 'Rings' versus 'Stripes').

And long may those separate terms continue - Vive la différence - eh, wings/old chap?

Edit to Add: To confuse the issue further there is also 'Onboard/Aboard/Inboard/Outboard & even Overboard'...:Wink:

Last edited:

Dusty70

War Hero
Wouldn't it apply to all ships that had place names eg London, Plymouth etc - you would have to say 'I was on Plymouth' as opposed to 'I was in Plymouth' as they mean different things.......................................;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Press release: High Street Perfect Day makes debut MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HMS Queen Elizabeth makes debut in Portsmouth MoD News 0
soleil Navy News: "Wildcat Makes Its Debut At Sea" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil "Exeter Cage Fighting Pro Debut for RM Adi Murphy" The Corps 2
MoD_RSS DASA awards £2.3m to develop novel sensor technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA seeks novel technology to counter homemade bombs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 32 new cases of novel coronavirus: 4 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 4 new cases of novel coronavirus: 2 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 12 new cases of novel coronavirus: 01 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces a new case of novel coronavirus: 28 February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 2 new cases of novel coronavirus: 28 February 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces 2 new cases of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MHRA update on novel coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces four new cases of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England announces ninth case of novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE novel coronavirus diagnostic test rolled out across UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PHE reaches crucial step in fully sequencing novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Novel coronavirus and avian flu: advice for travel to China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the four UK Chief Medical Officers on Novel Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMO for England statement on the Wuhan novel coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wuhan novel coronavirus and avian flu: advice for travel to China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Novel Barriers collaboration day for 'Stopping it in its tracks' competition MoD News 0
BRP Writing a novel about the Falklands War... History 30
MoD_RSS Press release: Developing novel materials with synthetic biology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: synthetic biology for novel materials MoD News 1
soleil Royal Marines Drop In On St Pancras to Deliver Copies Of The New James Bond Novel The Corps 2
Passed-over_Loggie A Carrier and a Vulcan; a Novel Approach History 2
chieftiff To Kill a Mockingbird voted best novel of all time Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
royalbumbaclod Write a novel of some sort? The Corps 3
K Looking for my deceased fathers naval records Submariners 8
MoD_RSS Report looking at how hateful extremists have been exploiting the current pandemic MoD News 0
S 34 & looking at Hydrography and Meteorology recruit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Looking for Challenge/Spoof Coins From RFA Ships RFA 1
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 13
E Considering joining the Royal Navy- looking for advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil Island Echo: "Ryde's Sea Cadets Looking For New Adult Leaders" SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS Looking back at 125 years of the Bar Council MoD News 0
C Looking for info on ATC The Fleet Air Arm 0
CiviPilot At the end of INT for Ratings, Looking to become an officer via AOP? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
MorganCUFC Looking for Fitness tips Joining the Royal Navy 2
huwshpis Looking for a boat Travel & The Great Outdoors 31
MoD_RSS News story: Funding boost for councils looking after asylum seeking children MoD News 0
Lily jade Looking for Kevin Wakelin/Wakeling Nearest & Dearest 9
Sumo Looking for info on WWII Pongo History 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Grants available for SMEs looking to export MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Looking to the new year for progress to peace in Afghanistan MoD News 0
W Looking to join the navy, unsure due to daughter Nearest & Dearest 2
S Looking for archived Navy record Submariners 2
Sumo Anyone looking for work in Guzz Diamond Lil's 8
R Looking for a Royal Marines documentary from early to mid 90s The Corps 2