Debating re joining the navy as a MA

Hi guys. Left the navy after a brief stint of 5 years as a WE. Deciding civvi life is not for me. Interested in re joining as a MA and just wondering what is the process with regards to this.
Thanks

Speak to your local recruiter, maybe an online option, if one not close by? How long you been out?
You will need all your discharge papers.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ninja is no longer on the recruiting side. Maybe the OP could have a look at the search button, there.s plenty about rejoining on there.

It can be difficult to join civy Street, I still find civvies odd after more than 20 year. My first few jobs had lots of ex RN & other junior services, plenty of chances to speak with like minded people, my latest job not so, then I found this site, which has helped me with civy twats. Good luck

Ninja is no longer on the recruiting side. Maybe the OP could have a look at the search button, there.s plenty about rejoining on there.
That we know, but if he chooses to answer he has a bit more knowledge than most, if not all of us put together ;)

thanks for all the help. Not enjoying civvie life, far to boring. Had a read through a couple of articles and looks like its relative simple. juts curious with regards to going from once branch to another, do you have to get manning clearance and how much of basic would you have to redo.
cheers

Recruiter questions, as it will also depend on how many Scab Lifters they need, compared to rejoining as a WE?

Last edited:
Time for reentry, depends on how quick you want back in, if they were to offer WE much sooner than MA, would you take? Remembering all the reasons you left for will still be there?

A while ago they were taking AEs and WEs and retrading them as submariner MEs. Perhaps if you're willing to go the SM route MA will be a more viable option than GS.

Just a guess, really.

Edited to add that they weren't forced, they were offered an incentive.

Last edited:
A while ago they were taking AEs and WEs and retrading them as submariner MEs. Perhaps if you're willing to go the SM route MA will be a more viable option than GS.

Just a guess, really.
You make that sound like AE and WE 's were forced down the ME(SM) route, which is not the case.