Debate in the mess

Logestion isn't ;)

Logistician is, or at least it's been in reasonably common use in strategic terms for at least 20 years.

It may have US origins though which is why it'll have had usage in the strategic layer and not so much lower down the stack.

Darb

Lantern Swinger
ok then. its just a stupid real word
Nah - you can leave out the word "real" :D

The fact is the English language already contains an abundance of appropriate and correct words - the damage is being done by the likes of our American cousins who feel the need to invent new words rather than find out what the proper word is. :roll:

Yes it is a real word.

o·gis·tic(l-jstk) also lo·gis·ti·cal (-t-kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to symbolic logic.
2. Of or relating to logistics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Medieval Latin logisticus, of calculation, from Greek logistikos, skilled in calculating, from logists, calculator, from logizesthai, to calculate, from logos, reckoning, reason; see leg- in Indo-European roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lo·gisti·cal·ly adv.
lo.gisti.cian

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Yes it is a real word.
I know that "it" is a real word, but just because the white mafia use the word "logestion" rather than "supply" doesn't make either that word or its usage correct :wink:

dixie_gooner

Lantern Swinger
gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
Yes it is a real word.
I know that "it" is a real word, but just because the white mafia use the word "logestion" rather than "supply" doesn't make either that word or its usage correct :wink:
I think that you will find that the White mafia were quite happy with there previous categories before we became logisticians. It is one of the most ridiculous things I have come across of late. And as for pipes, who turns up to the following "Duty Logistician, gangway"?

The thing that gets me is that i heard someone getting a bollocking and the it started with "Logistician Turner, why are you adrift", it sounded quite strange.

As a killick chef i find i have no identity, when someone asks me what i do in the navy if i said logistician, the reply would be "what the F**k is that!!!!!!

"If it's brown turn it round if it's black give it to Jack"

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
dixie_gooner said:
Yes it is a real word.
I think that you will find that the White mafia were quite happy with there previous categories before we became logisticians. It is one of the most ridiculous things I have come across of late. And as for pipes, who turns up to the following "Duty Logistician, gangway"?
presumably the person whose name is against the 'Duty Logistician' on Daily Orders......

silverfox said:
dixie_gooner said:
Yes it is a real word.
presumably the person whose name is against the 'Duty Logistician' on Daily Orders......
SF, dont' for get that SA'a. Chef's, Caterers (do the RN still have them?), Stewards and of course Writers are all Logisticians, so if the pipe is made 'Duty Logs to Gangway' its going to get quite crowded up there.

mikh said:
silverfox said:
dixie_gooner said:
Yes it is a real word.
SF, dont' for get that SA'a. Chef's, Caterers (do the RN still have them?), Stewards and of course Writers are all Logisticians, so if the pipe is made 'Duty Logs to Gangway' its going to get quite crowded up there.

I dont think so , none of them will turn up ,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Current Affairs 1
N Current Affairs 11
CheefTiff Current Affairs 27