Death of Jenny as in Side Party

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Rumrat, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I do not know (Have tried Looking ) if any one has already posted this subject.

On the 19th Febuary this year Jenny of Jennies Side Party fame died in Hong Kong aged 92 years.
    Jenny was born on a sampan in Aberdeen Harbour ( I think ) and worked free of charge on all British and Commonwealth war wagons until 1992.
    She and her girls made their money by the waste materials( Jack made sure there was some) that they could beg from the ships. Cordite cylinders, rope , canvas, paint etc, and by the concessions they had for selling "Goffers" and other big eats.
    She was in 1980 awarded the BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL.
    And because she saved me getting covered in ships side grey paint a time or two well deserved it, and a "Bar".

RIP JENNY.

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Already a thread on it mate, I don't know how to do the link thing, bit of a technophobe!

3. Cheers mate did look no see.

I was gutted I loved the old bugger you could really have the crack with her.
    I saw it on the Devonshire Association site last night and knew nothing about it until then.
    As I said I have been out ofcirculation a bit of late.
    Not a case of "Get out more"
    More a case of "Get out of Hospital more".
    Anyhow thanks again.

4. Tiddly

To do the linky thingy:

1 Place the cursor on the address bar of the page you want to give a link to (the http:// etc line).

2 Tap on your mouse until the line turns blue (might be one tap, might be two).

3 Right click on your mouse. You are offered Cut Copy Paste Delete.

4 Tap mouse on Copy.

5 Write your post on a thread. When you want to insert your link, Right click on the mouse. You are offered Cut Copy Paste Delete again. Tap on Paste - you will see the link appear.

This is how I do it on a mini-laptop - I hope it works for you too.

5. tiddlyoggy

6. Works perfectly!

7. tiddlyoggy

Hurray! Look out Bill Gates, Tiddly wants your job! Thanks again Soleil, can't believe it was that simple. The TOW onboard tried to show me how to do it once, it wasn't as simple as that!

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Bolix

9. Soleil, you know I love you mate but was that in English?

Going on what you have just posted, suicide seems like a good alternative to me.
    I suffer with NFIWYATA syndrome its a learning disorder.
    It means Dumb Fcuk.
    I am in the advanced state as well. :cry:

10. Rumrat, there is now an organisation that offers help and actually employs people who suffer from dumb fcuk syndrome...

It's called the RAF

11. Would the blue go with my eyes? :D

12. A very astute woman RIP.