Death in Service benefits/pension arrangement.

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by Chaz, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly I've no intention of dying in-service nor out-of-service anytime soon.

To cut a long story short I got divorced 5 years ago and have since remarried.

In my consent order it was agreed that my ex receive "a sum equal to 66% of the lump sum payable in the event of his death in service under the terms of the said pension arrangement". This was initially set up for my 2 children from my previous marriage, however, I've now not seen them for 6 years so circumstances have changed somewhat as I'm remarried and have a step-daughter.

My question is what exactly is the entitlement if a service person dies in service.

Thanks in advance.

2. SJRM_RN has sent an individual reply to Chaz but, for those of you in the wider community who might be in the same position, the court order will stand unless you go back to court and get the original order amended.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Good Morning,
    I understand that it stands unless the courts amend the original, I was just really wondering what a service person's benefits/pensions are should a death occur in service. Many thanks for your reply.

4. PM me telling me when you joined, your DOB and which scheme you are in and I will set it out for you - unless, course, that is what SJRM_RN has done.

5. Done & many thanks.

6. Hi all,
    If you are working under any company and a oldest employer of this company and suddenly you have to face the death then this is the liability of company that it must be provides pension to your family at every month.

7. I'm beginning to like this Nikolas and his other sock puppets, advice good he gives.