Deadpool 2009

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

After Idling through the gash barge I came upon a cracking idea first mooted by Seadog.

Who do you reckon is going to be the first celeb to die in 2009?

As it's not a wish list I cant state the obvious politicians, so my money is on......

Patrick Swazye.....or how ever you spell it, that fella from dirty dancing/ghost etc.

2. Unfortunately Peter O'Toole.
    With any luck Michael Jackson or Michael Barrymore.

3. I couldn't care less, just as long as it's NOT Sir Norman Wisdom! He's been my hero for ever

4. jeez Blobbs Swayze just got his new series and everyfink. Spose thats curtains for 'im then...
    NZ, why did I think Barrymore before reading your post...(get out of my head!!!)
    Amy Wino has to be 50/50 to pop her clogs before the year is out. Her and Doherty.

Barack Hussein Obama. I saw the thickness of the glass on election night and thought, "its not going to be enough". Some fruit loop will strap himself full of C4 and dive under the limo, or drill him with a .50 cal, or put Polonium in his weeties or whatever. Inauguration is looming, the nutters are frothing it up all over the net about how "he's a gonna take urrr guns". Dead by March???

5. There must be a few contenders just because of age, but if I had to pick.....Amy Winehouse. Although I wouldn't want to be a certain black president.....

6. Liz Taylor

7. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

We've (the WD family and friends) play a variation on this each New Year. We choose a male, female and a wildcard (celeb) - the first to get a winner wins a curry that the others contribute to:

I'm having Windsor Davies, Molly Sugden and Patrick Swayze

8. Hopefully Barrymore .....

9. Could be Swayze, soon as he leaves the clinic after a bout of chemo he lights up a tab, go for it Swaz. :thumright:

My money is on luvvie Dickie Attenbrough, recently in dock after speed wobble fall at home.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Boom, Box or Bust.

Following on from Blobb's suggestion, taking it a step further...

How's about:

Boom, Box or Bust.

No, not which bits you like the best, a new suitably sick “matelot-esque/Booty-esque†game for all the family.

Doubtless there have been similar themes, but the idea is very simple: What do you predict (not hope) for 2009?

1. Boom - What is the next massive global hit? (Recent examples: Nintendo Wii, Mobile phones, Forums, YouTube, recordable DVD Players)
    2. Box- Name the next celeb to be carted out feet first in a box. (Recent examples: Eartha Kitt – now replaced in “Jackspeak†with: “One intends having a Brad Pittâ€)
    3. Bust – Which next High Street Retailer is heading for the chop? (Recent examples: Woollies, Zavvi, Adams, etc.)

To start the ball rolling:

1. Hand-held PC’s with built-in mobile broadband
    2. Brucie
    3. Marks’n’Sparks

©Ninja_Stoker

11. wave_dodger

1. Peek Mail (like Blackberrys {look more like LEGO to me though}) but only do email and are very cheap.
    2. Windsor Davies
    3. Currys (or Dixons - DSG Group) (but after they'd delivered my new telly)

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ok my turn,

Something retro like a chopper bike.
    Sir Bobby Robson (hedging my bets here)
    WH Smiths

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good call Blobbs, reckon WH Smiths is teetering on the brink- that's why the Post Office have set-up shop in some Smiths' to bring in extra custom.

14. wave_dodger

Blobby, Choppers are soooooo last year darlink!

But the Grifter!! That deserves a comeback! even at near 40 I'd buy one :afro:

15. hmmm for 2009

Blueray players will take off more (they've come down a heck of a lot in price)

Bobby Robson (got to agree with blobs/

Debenhams or Clintons Cards(people can get cards for lot less with supermarkets and card factories!) to go bust.

16. Re: Boom, Box or Bust.

NOOOOOOOOO, not Marks'n'Sparks please!!!! I AM man at Marks'n'Sparks.

17. Britney Spears...................she'll overdose herself in a motel room

18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Blue Ray
    Joan Collins
    The Works

19. Electric cars
    Gary Glitter
    British Home Stores

20. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator