Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DE PTI

Alfacharlie

War Hero
No disrespect implied or intended, but WTF is going on here? Thanks to the OP, we now know that this particular DE area is a complete clusterfeck!

After the time the OP has been supplying his feedback, you'd think the RN would have got all its poo in one sock.

Hope the lad carries on his dream and the RN sorts itself out!
Don’t smite me, but, there are some branches that should not be DE. (PTI, Reg,AC). Personally I wish him all the best, however the RN have fucked up here.

Adonis

Badgeman
So recruits went down to the PTI's who called PTI school apparently interviews are held in week 9.
So in theory you could get to week 9 be told no thanks and that's you out or transfer to another branch.

Adonis

Badgeman
Another change. They will now stay at raleigh for a further 3 weeks seaman ship trg then collingwood for 5 weeks.
However if the wind changed direction this may change

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I have heard that a DE PTI has failed a fitness test.
Hmm. I would have though they would be all over the basic stuff like a bleep test.

^@WreckerL - Adonis Junior?

Some posts seem direct from A Snr, other times either direct from or prompted by A Jnr, maybe a pinch of salt is needed sometimes... (A Snr believed to be = concerned parent whilst A Jnr believed to be = NE baby DE Clubs* but don't quote me.)

Edit
From the 'When going to Raleigh?' thread: *September 2020 Adonis (7th) (Club swinger)

Last edited:

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I have heard that a DE PTI has failed a fitness test.
Hmm. I would have though they would be all over the basic stuff like a bleep test.
WTF! If a gen dit, then that truly is one big fcuk up! I can still pass it now and I’m 40 something.
How utterly embarrassing for the individual, PT branch and RN.

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
I know what you mean.
I just passed my bleep test after a medical downgrade for 18 months after a lower leg injury and surgery. Passed with a VG so I dont have to do it again for 2 years.
When I do it again I will be nearly 50.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Diver to PTI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
NateDogg How to apply for PTI? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
lethal lady Becoming a PTI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
W If ever there was a natural candidate for becoming a PTI... Diamond Lil's 16
S PTI recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
H Royal Navy PTI's tattoo of HMS Victory on his bicep at Yeovilton Air Day 2013 The Fleet 35
9 PTI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
N Geordie PTI from Raleigh 2009 Bases / Shore Est 50
soleil Navy News: "Back To The Future For Raleigh PTI Instructors" Bases / Shore Est 21
soleil New book by Ted Macey, HMS Ganges PTI: "Jack the Lad RN" The Quarterdeck 0
R PTI'S course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C PTI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
trelawney126 If Only All PTI's were This Good Diamond Lil's 0
MOOSE PTI JOKES ? The Corps 14
L RMR PTI's RMR 7
Barrack_Room_Lawyer RM PTI Gym question The Corps 5
Achmed From Basic to PTI Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Grim_Reaper PTI's beware. Current Affairs 1
markbsac white PTI tracksuit tops Sports and Adventure Training 11
J PTI Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N Potential PTI (hopefully) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
G RNR PTI Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 14