Davy Jones RIP

Much respect. I was living in the States when The Monkees were contrived for a TV show but they beat the odds with their natural musical talent (they could even play their own instruments) and witty personalities. They were The Goodies even before The Goodies.

Until a few years ago when he moved back across the Atlantic, Davy Jones lived at Droxford in the Meon Valley where he kept horses. A mature lady friend of ours (a head teacher) turned all peculiar when she spotted him in the bar of The Hurdles (his local) where we were dining and I nearly needed the smelling salts to bring her round. It was hilarious.

Sad loss of an extremely nice guy.

Much respect. I was living in the States when The Monkees were contrived for a TV show but they beat the odds with their natural musical talent (they could even play their own instruments) and witty personalities. They were The Goodies even before The Goodies.

Until a few years ago when he moved back across the Atlantic, Davy Jones lived at Droxford in the Meon Valley where he kept horses. A mature lady friend of ours (a head teacher) turned all peculiar when she spotted him in the bar of The Hurdles (his local) where we were dining and I nearly needed the smelling salts to bring her round. It was hilarious.

Sad loss of an extremely nice guy.
BTW he was an apprentice jockey, before becoming famous!!!

One of my graduate course-mates asked me "who the hell is Davy Jones?". Made me feel old and a bit sad for him that he never watched the Monkees as a kid.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P History 3
wet_blobby Diamond Lil's 5
bigbaddog Diamond Lil's 4