"David Dimbleby Presents New BBC One Series Britain And The Sea"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Nov 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "In a new series for BBC One, made in partnership with the National Maritime Museum, David Dimbleby sets out on his boat Rocket to explore Britain’s relationship with the sea - and discover how the waters around our shores have inspired art and literature for centuries.

As an island nation, Britain’s seas have shaped our history and defined our culture and our national identity. In Britain And The Sea, across four hour-long episodes, David will journey around Britain to examine the art, uncover the artefacts and meet the people that tell the story of our island nation - from the raging seascapes of Turner and Constable, the music of Britten, the literature and poetry of writers inspired by the sea, to the essential role of the ports and forts that have defended Britain for centuries."

BBC - Media Centre - David Dimbleby presents new BBC One series Britain And The Sea

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Did he really need a tattoo to present this programme?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wherever he starts from, I bet the twat turns to Port.............

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Daily Mail ?? say no more !!!

5. A wannabee jack me tickler tin.........wait for the earring and eye patch :pirate:

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yeah, we get it...

7. Not sure about his comments claiming that the RN could in some way be ashamed of being ashamed of being associated with Drake? You don't have to look too far to find RN references to him. Lazy feckers.

8. I thought the monkey-fish was real at first

9. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I was quite impressed the way he nonchalantly tied a bowline whilst at the tiller and tossed it to the gal.

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Shall we run a poll to see who is surprised by that??

11. Pretty decent programme, shall have to watch the rest methinks.