David Davis v Kelvin MacKenzie?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by thingy, Jun 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Liberty - Davis - Conservative Party

100.0%
  2. Prolongued Custody - MacKenzie - Independent/Sun Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Banyan - Sgtpepperband - Reggies Party - bring your own beer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Given the opportunity to vote in the forthcoming byelection, would you vote for David Davis, fighting on a Pro-Liberty agenda of only holding suspected prisoners for up to 28 days or for Kelvin MacKenzie on his Pro-Government, pro-42 days or more agenda?

2. SgtPs Banyan party is the only option. I hear that all party members (attendees) will have access to copious quantities of ale and will only be locked up until they sober up.

3. With a mouth like Scarborough Harbour I would never give Makenzie the time of day......Sgt P is the best option.

4. i really cant understand what the problem is with the present system if mr plod cant give reasonable suspicion within the present guidelines then it is up to a judge to decide

Speed cameras, CCTV ,detention with out charge well may be our forefatherS fought in vain in WW2

Freedom is the most valuable asset an individual can own remove the right to that then alll our veterans have sufferred in vain

5. I would vote David Davis even if he was only advocating a £5 fine and set free.
    I wouldn't vote for anything to do with this government even if my life depended on it.

6. SgtPs Banyan for me please! Problem is once you had a few beers the Crushers would offer you a lift back on board in a Patrol wagon and then once they get you on board they charge you with being "Drunk on Returning on board". :thumright:

7. Looks like Sarge should stand for Parliament then. His Parliamentary Oath could be specially written for him:

I swear to serve my oppos and use my MPs salary and allowances to buy a pint for every matelot serving and retired. Stand fast Reggies!

8. Seriously folks, I don't understand what Davis is trying to do. His Party opposed the extension, didn't it? All too clever for a thick stores wallah!

Sgt P's Banyan Party got my vote.

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I would never stand for election for a political party that would have me as a member... :cool:

10. I didn't know Banyans were political? o_O

Palm trees, hot sun, gentle breezes, golden sand, azure sea, BBQ, cold beer, dozens of scantily clad matelots.... what more could one ask? ;)