Daughters of Reservist pay tribute.

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Apr 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a wonderful family.

Respect and RIP Mate.

Jerry

2. 51 years old and still serving as a mortarman with the Rock Apes?! The man was true ninja. He and his family are in all our thoughts.

3. RIP Mate , what a wonderful family , was going to mention another family but maybe better not , we all know who i mean ?? , sorry .

4. It's always a terrible thing to lose one of our own but it brings it home even more when you see the family pictures like those at the link. It helps remind the unseeing public that this was a guy who wasn't just a soldier, but a family man and a member of the community.

He knew the risks but he went anyway because he believed in what he was doing. Small consolation to his family but they should be proud of him - we all should be.

May he rest easy in his final sleep and be fondly remembered by all.

SF

5. R.I.P mate.
    All my thoughts to the family.

Taff

6. RIP Mate.

It was always going to happen to reservists as well with the risks being taken these days. Lost one last year from where i live too.

May they never be forgotten.

Much respect and condolences to his family.

7. Going through our own family trauma at the moment. Sudden death of one member two weeks ago, another inevitable within a few weeks.
    Cannot imagine the hurt and bereavement of losing such a fine Father in those circumstances at their time of life.
    Our love and sympathy to them all.

2BM

8. Such a sad storey to read.

RIP fella and condolences to your family