Dartmouth Mobile Coverage

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IS-Potential, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So as I am heading to Dartmouth at the end of April, I'm wondering what is the best ( or worst ) mobile provider in terms of coverage at Dartmouth, particularly as I'm considering getting a 3G Stick for my laptop.

I think 3 / Orange have the best coverage according to maps, but does anyone have any real life experience of what coverage is like?

Don't want to go buy one and find that another network has better coverage for example, or buy one and realise I have zero coverage

2. My brother-in-law lives in Dartmouth and he uses Orange on his stick without any problems.

3. Jimbo - Feel like home then, home town straddles a valley, so either way your either running down a steep blooming hill or running up a steep hill. :wink:

4. I take it you speak from experience Jimbo? :D
    Surely not that tricky for a RM? :wink:

5. So am I, it will be very very satisfying to be stood on the other side of those doors. I've heard the marching with swords can go pear shaped, heard of one officer who accidentally prodded another officer in the rear when practising....all I can think is oww

6. Coverage with 3 is good and what most OC's use for laptops